Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Books...Deadlines...Series Order?

This book...fun, silly, at times even over the top ridiculous but still so enjoyable to read. Inns, Nantucket, dysfunctional family members...I started this yesterday and finished it this morning. It's not for everyone but if you have a yen for all things Nantucket...this is the book to read. Characters either have it all or are losing it all. Actually...it's a series so you would need to read the next two books. Light easy fun reading if that is what you are in the mood for...but the first book does end abruptly and I am now craving some sort of seafood soup. Chowder? Bouillabaisse? Lobster Bisque?

And...dare I say I am next in line for these two books on Overdrive?

But I realized I had this one so I released it to the next person...

But what is happening is that now I will have a ton of books from Overdrive that have to be read in 14 days! Yikes!

Here is another series dilemma...

I read and loved this book...the first in this series...

I missed getting a doc of this one...the second in the series...and I cannot find it at my libraries yet...they have the first one but not this one...I refuse to pay $11.99 for the ebook...I just hate it when ebooks are priced that high.

I just got this one...the third in the series...I don't want to read it until I read the second one. Thus my series dilemma!

Amazon Prime has now included books and magazines in its subscription services. I just read the newest editions of these...and there are so many more! I love reading magazines on my iPad. The book selection is good, too!

Ok...time to do my snail's pace treadmill workout!

Hugs,

Patty

 

 

10 comments:

  1. That's what used to happen to me when I used the library all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I refuse to pay that much for an ebook, too!! Especially if you can't pass it on, loan it, or donate to the library late. Those prices are ridiculous.

    If you put your kindle on airplane mode, library books won't disappear after 14 days. I've done that a few times when I was close to the end, but that's the drawback of using overdrive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh! I love that hint! Thank you! And the publisher was magically listening...because I just got that book!

      Delete
  3. I have to really, really like a series to want to buy it now since I already have a yarn obsession.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean...but I really hate spending money on ebooks!

      Delete
  4. I know what you mean about that library ebook pressure. I've heard about the airplane mode trick but haven't had to use it yet.
    I listened to the first two in the Hilderbrand series and have the third on my phone ready to start next week. Looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am going to try the airplane trick! I can't wait to read the next to in the Winter series!

      Delete
  5. I've never used Overdrive.

    I read the first two books in that "Winter" series...but before I realized it was a series, I thought that Winter Street ended too abruptly. I was going "huh?"

    Enjoy your reading....

    ReplyDelete