Friday, March 30, 2012

So...What?

A stylist at my salon is becoming an expert at doing a "Katniss Braid"...apparently tons of people here are going to the movie in costume...still...



I wish...I was that brave!

But my hair is long enough for the braid...I just have to figure out how to do it...

So hard...

And I want to see the movie but it's spring break here for the next two weeks and it's still crowded...people are seeing it a second time before I have seen it a first time.

So not fair...

We have learned that we love going to movies at odd times...like ten in the morning on a Sunday...no one is there and it's so wonderful.

But...I doubt if that will happen with Hunger Games any time soon...

So sad...


Still reading Julie Kagawa's new book...


So yummy...

When I finish it...any minute now...I am starting this...


I read the first few pages and I am smitten with the writing...it is lovely...I read a quote somewhere that compared this book to The Lovely Bones...not sure about that yet...

but I will know soon...

So...that's it!!!

Are you anticipating the week end?

We are...with a sneaky little smile!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

11 comments:

  1. Hmm, I haven't read the book and am not going to see that movie, but I do love that braid. Wonder if I can get my husband to elarn how to do it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see why the braid is catching on- the book and movie are so popular right now. I don't think I could do that to my hair myself- but I think I would like to give it a try. I saw the movie and enjoyed it. The book was still a million times better, but they did a good job. I also prefer to go to the movies when no one else is there. :)

    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have tried to leave this comment 3 times! LOL Hopefully it works this time....
    Lucy looks like a duchess.... wonder what she's thinking.
    That braid is pretty cool.... wonder what makes it so different though - can't be that hard to learn!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love going to movies at the first showing on a Sunday...the perfect time, usually; but probably not for a couple of weeks with this movie.

    Love the look on Lucy's face. Very much as if she's contemplating some mischief. Hmmm....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love a side braid and sometimes wear mine in one. Have a great weekend :) Look at the size of those paws!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jane...she is a tiny kitty...I think it's just the angle...she doesn't even weigh ten pounds...her paws are tiny...

      Delete
  6. To beat the crowds, Mr. Whimsy and I went to one of those theaters that offers food while you watch. I found the crowds to be smaller. We also went in the morning.

    I love this braid.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hate crowds, so I always go to movies during the week, at one of the early matinees. I went opening day, the first normal showing and it wasn't too full, but public schools aren't out here until next week.

    I loved that braid seeing it in the movie. I can't even do a french braid without messing it up, so there would be no hope for me doing this for myself. That and I just hacked off half of my hair

    ReplyDelete
  8. I went to see Hunger Games and thoroughly enjoyed it. I loved the book even more. My husband didn't read it, but he enjoyed the movie. I'm not ashamed to say, so far, nothing has hit the sweet spot of seeing Twilight for the first time. I went back with my friends to see it again. I had a good time seeing the Hunger Games, but I won't be making a second visit. Once was enough for this one.

    ReplyDelete