Sunday, November 18, 2012

A Contemplative Sunday...




Pretty much today is newspapers, SNL, football and Den napping...later tacos or leftovers...whatever is in the refrigerator. Life is lazy today and we want to enjoy every minute. There was a section of today's NYT devoted to victims of this past hurricane. I think I read every story. The people who lost their lives ranged in age from 3 to those in their 90's. They were every day ordinary people who were trimming trees, sitting in their living rooms or just stepping outside for a moment to snap a hurricane photo...it was extremely sad reading about them. Yet one more reminder of how precious every moment should be.



We are staying here for Thanksgiving...not what we normally do...but Den is still getting over his flu stuff and he is totally exhausted...the thought of actually not packing and driving is what he needs...and sometimes I like changing traditions. Thanks to Whole Foods I won't cook everything...we sort of ordered a cooked turkey and other things...so the day will be peaceful without any cooking stress.

Happy Sunday!

5 comments:

  1. Enjoy your day! Our newspaper never showed up today. I'm still not sure what we're doing for Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, your day sounds wonderful. I like the idea of ordering food already prepared.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know you could pre-order food from Whole Foods. I know some folks order Fried turkeys. I think they get it from Popeye's Fried chicken store. Who would have thunk it?! Lol...I hear they're delicious too! Sorry to hear about Den. My husband had to leave work on Wednesday and felt like crap all weekend. There's something going around...

    ReplyDelete