Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Sipping More Soup?

My friend Elisabeth posted this soup yesterday.


It is a little bit chicken and a little bit spice and a little bit herbs. One third of our little family swears he has a chest cold so I am making this for him today.

You can find the recipe on Elisabeth's blog...food and thrift finds...she makes the most beautiful food.

Reading this...I haven't read a YA vampirey book in ages...this is from NetGalley...it is extremely good. It is even sort of Dystopian...with vampires ruling a world depleted by a plague...sort of scary good with a spicy heroine emerging. I love this author's work.



Lucy and I are trying to mentally prepare ourselves for the fact that our roof is going to be replaced soon...our across the street neighbor is getting hers done now...the houses in our neighborhood have been undergoing roof replacements over the last two years. Our development is two small unconnected blocks...the blocks are far apart due to common ground and two ponds. Our development used to be a dairy farm. Last year I heard sort of soft pounding all around me...but my neighbor called and said that when you are in the house it is so loud you can't hear anything!!! My neighbor Jane lives in the original farm hand's house....they have added and added on to it to make it this unique house...she has porches and a loft and a barn...the barn is so cool...they are always doing something to their dwellings!!! Another neighbor lives in the original farmer's house and another in an 8,000 square foot dairy barn...the dairy barn people live in an apartment within the barn as they work their way through their renovation...the rest of us live in regular ordinary houses that were always meant to be houses...no dairy cows in sight.

I saw this on Pinterest today. I wonder how fast I can build it...but I want a bathroom and a tiny kitchen.


Lucy saw this on Pinterest today...and she's been so good about getting her Chakra adjusted that I bought it for her...more about the Chakra later...lol...


I'm off...to make soup, read, and offer my neighbor a home away from home!!!

18 comments:

  1. Your neighborhood sounds fascinating. We've had our roof replaced before and I don't remember it being THAT loud. I want one of those reading benches too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathy..it is kind of unique...you never know when you will find a horse in your driveway!!!

      Delete
  2. that soooouuup! Oh man does that ever look yummy :) And after I eat that soup I'm hiding away in that little backyard sofa-bed and spending the afternoon napping and reading and napping and reading. *bliss*

    ReplyDelete
  3. That soup looks Asian inspired, is it?

    A new roof? That shouldn't take too long to put in. One day of misery and loudness but then you will be good for years to come. Lucy will be beside herself though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ti, yes it's Asian inspired; called Vietnamese Chicken Noodle Soup, made with rice noodles, fresh mint, cilantro, lime juice, and Asian spices.
      You can get my recipe;

      http://foodandthriftfinds,blogspot.com

      Delete
    2. Thanks Patty, for featuring my soup today, I just ate the last portion for lunch, and will make it again!
      I'm excited about the vampire inspired book, and will want to get it!
      Isn't it fun finding all the goodies on Pinterest? Love the little cottage lounge. Wouldn't mind curling up with a good book! Very Shabby Chic, which I love so much!

      Delete
  4. Another great looking soup! Yum! It is pouring rain here and I would love some soup. It is a cosy inside type of day. The book you are reading sounds good. Hope you can get your reading in and still offer your neighbors some quiet space! Hopefully it will be nice weather when your roof gets done so you can sit outside. maybe you should build your Pintrest shelter first. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know...I should just chop down a tree or two and build my outdoor book nook...

      Delete
  5. fun pics! and the soup works!! Hope everyone is well soon!
    I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I really love the sound of your neighborhood...houses with lofts and barns nearby are wonderful!

    The soup looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You post the most cool stuff. I want it all...just sayin'.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete