Friday, June 10, 2016

Friday's Fancies?

More of my flowers around the deck...

A close up of the pots...we tried to put some mosquito repellent plants in the pots since we are so close to the pond! But basically we just overstuff them and let them go crazy!
The only things we put in the ground...tons of wave petunias...have been grazed, eaten and devoured! By baby bunnies?
Some freed from school little boys on scooters racing around the pond caused the ducks to flee into the pond!

This book has started out really great...hopefully it will stay that way!

 

So...

I am out of here until Monday!

Enjoy your week end!

Hugs!

Patty

 

12 comments:

  1. Our neighborhood has stocked the ponds here with fish that eat mosquito larvae and it has helped a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pots looks lovely. I was noticing how nice that sandy colored rock looks. We need to take out our lawn since the drought has killed it but out here, even with proper prep, weeds come up through the rock and it's a real pain. I have no idea what to do with our backyard. I really want to cement it over or use flagstone pavers or something. It's such a large space.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The rocks are under both decks...and anywhere it was awkward to mow. I think Den sprays a mixture of Epsom Salts and water on any weed that dares to show its weedy little face!

      Delete
  3. Hope you have a great weekend. I wish I had a talent for planting things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think my talent is more one of plopping things!

      Delete
  4. Enjoy your weekend. And your flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful potted flowers! I would love some on my patio...but I have a brown thumb...sigh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously...I just plop herbs and flowers together! It works!

      Delete
  6. Hope the flowers help with the mosquitoes. I don't bother with petunias after the bunnies decided they were dinner a few years ago - gah!

    ReplyDelete