Monday, December 21, 2015

Oh What Fun It Is...

It is seriously fun to just enjoy this lovely week before Christmas...today we relaxed and read in bed...yes in bed...for a while...with coffee and later Cheerios and berries!

We went kitty shopping and I needed to pop into TJ Maxx for more Jammie bottoms. I scored 4 pair at $9.99 a pair! This is my one and only bargain...sigh!

I bought some festive red hand towels and dish towels, too...and literally spent pennies!

Then off we went to The Whip! Lunch! We had grass fed hamburgers and salads with Stilton Dressing...

We have a friend who works there who made us take home a Sticky Toffee Pudding. Den is heating it up now!

The Whip's tree...we love The Whip at any time!

This weekend I read these books...

This one? OMG...it reminded me and others of an old Alfred Hitchcock thriller...it was amazing.

This was a fun sarcastic witty YA.
This one was old Hollywood and two roommates and the hat from Scarlett O'Hara...loved it!

 

Reading this now...I will be done momentarily. I love this YA magical mystical character driven book. I read another book by this author and I loved it, too! Her words...her thoughts...just capture me and I want to read and read and not let go. Wink...the magical girl...Midnight...the lost boy...and Poppy...cruel, selfish mean spirited evil Poppy! This book is so good!

Have a beautiful Monday!

Patty

 

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lovely way to spend the week. I love the look of The Whip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Stilton dressing. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. I propose that all my blogger buddies come here! We can stay at a B and B go to all of my fave places and talk books!

      Delete
  4. Sounds like you had a nice day. I'm jealous of the reading in bed.

    ReplyDelete