Thursday, September 3, 2015

I Never Read What I Think I Am Going To Read...

Just finished this book...it was the sweetest book that I have read in a long long time. So...here is my teaser...Caroline is at a PTO meeting. The President of the PTO makes a comment about how people who don't volunteer enough should personally thank those people who do volunteer. Caroline's remark...or rather single word...is totally out of character with her quiet demeanor. But she stands up and says this very bad...very very bad word anyway. The rest of this book is priceless and takes her on a road trip back to issues with her high school bestie. I loved it!

Now I am reading this. It's intense, mysterious, and sad.
See? My thoughts of reading fantasy have literally disappeared! It's what I do best...decide to do something and minutes later decide not to do it!
Fondly,
Patty
 
 

 

9 comments:

  1. I want to read that first book. I have not seen it before!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I wonder which of the possible "bad" words she uttered? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw your review of "Caroline Jacobs" on Goodreads yesterday and added it to my TBR list. Sounds great!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Patty, so nice to be back and hopefully keeping up with posting on my blog...actually, that's the only time I visit and comment on others' blog; not even checking to see who commented on mine. Loved browsing through all your nice photos of your 'getaways' and keeping up with the news about your 'girls'...sooo cute! I love that photo of them snuggling with you while you slept (reminds me of my kitties) they used to do the same thing. As for all your good 'reads' ...I wish I had the time and energy to read novels, especially mystery novels, but the only books I read are 'cookbooks' and books about cooking stories.

    Although, I do recall you had this amazing book about some bread that I saw on facebook which does sound like something I would like to read. Will check it out, or perhaps you can let me know which one it was!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are three books in this series by Judith Ryan Hendricks...you might enjoy them.

      Delete