Monday, October 13, 2014

Monday's Mysteries...

The mystery of Monday is that it is always mildly depressing to me...it was always the school day that my district required us to stay an extra hour. It didn't matter that as teachers...all of us stayed and worked all kinds of extra hours...it was that insult of the district forcing us to do it on Monday...after a long start to the week...when we all just wanted to go home. I guess I am not over it yet...Monday just gives me that mildly unsettled feeling...until I distract myself...with these two! Lol...



New lovely books came in batches! Batches and batches of yummy books!






Finished this and it was so good...sort of reminded me of Dollbaby and CeeCee Honeycutt and The Help! It was pure Southern Comfort!



Ok...Den is off today and has a yen to go to Trader Joe's...the mystery is that I don't want to...I want to stay here and tidy up this house...polish off some pumpkins...make a cake? But we are off!

Happy Monday!

5 comments:

  1. Oh, I must read The Oleander Sisters. I loved Dollbaby and CeeCee Honeycutt.

    I requested When We Fall, from VFA. I haven't seen The Oleander Sisters there....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stuff you're reading...share it on Google+. Also all those pumpkins are so cute and creative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to get The Oleander Sisters. That is my kind of book!
    What/when did you teach?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like Trader Joe's but come home with too much stuff when I go there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree...I have ginger snap ice cream sandwiches in my freezer and spiced pumpkin seeds and other unnecessary goodies!

      Delete