Monday, March 24, 2014

Not A Normal Monday!

Finished these...over the weekend...loved the first two...amazing books...cannot wait for Erika Johansen's sequel.




Loved this...dark yet hopeful...sad yet sweet...includes squirrel dumplings and sweet tea...lol.


This one was more of a "like" which was so sad for me personally because I have always loved her books...which raises the question...is it possible to read too much of one author because there is always the chance for a teensy bit of sadness when you don't love the book? The reviews on Goodreads for this one were fascinating...readers had tons to say about this book.


I have no clue what to read next but I like it that way...I think! Not sure what I am in the mood for...

Some new books...from NetGalley and Edeiweiss...























Happy Monday!

11 comments:

  1. I've made a promise to myself to get through my back logged ARC pile. I try to read one in between my other reading, just so I can get through the list. They were ALL books I really wanted to read which makes it easier, but when the new stuff comes out, it's hard to get excited about the older titles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. That's a lot of books. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just added The Word Exchange to my TBR list this week. It sounds really good. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's hard when you want to love a book, but can't. Kind of intrigued by The Weight of Blood. You can check out my Monday here http://www.kyliesreads.blogspot.com.au/2014/03/its-monday-what-are-you-reading_24.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, impressive list of books! I am intrigued by the new Stephanie Evanovich. I actually enjoyed her previous one.

    Sometimes I do find that a favorite author's books start to feel like formulaic retreads of previous ones...that is sad.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Nick Trout. I am wanting a stalker mystery, though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just got The Word Exchange from Netgalley too. I hope we both enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh- look at all those interesting books! I hope whatever you pick is great. I sometimes find that if I read a lot by some authors I find a book I don't love as much (not always). I have a Jane Green on my shelf to read- I think it is called The Beach House. I am hoping to read it in April. :)
    ~Stephanie

    ReplyDelete