Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Misery...Day 2...

Well...it's not the worst thing that cold have happened but it's not the best thing either...and it's why we do not leave the house when workers are here...

We planted this tree. Now half of it is gone. Don't be fooled by the tree behind it. When you look at this beautiful pine tree from the front of our house...the painter sawed off half of it before I could stop him. I won't even let Dennis trim it. Because I loved the way it fell...Elmer our Amish tree trimmer was so careful with its trimming...he analyzed each cut. We planted this tree and the one behind it. They were a majestic duo together...now rather than two trees that we hang white fairy lights on during the holidays...we have 1 tree and about 1/2 of the other one...so sad...so very sad.

The worst part is that the branches were roughly sawn off and just left to fall in the tree...and stubs of branches are just left there...naked and shattered. So sad...and no one even thought about asking us if they could do this...it was just done. I still feel sick about what was done to my tree...my beautiful cherished much loved tree.







I can't even look at this photo without feeling sad. Unbelievably sad.

Finished this...it seems to be getting tons of hype and great reviews but I didn't love it...at all...




Finishing this one...and it's yummy...secrets, lies, mystery in a small town in Virginia.



I find myself in another teensy reading slump...lots to read but I am not in a reading mood. Oh well...it will pass!

Today already had us in evacuate mode...kitty carrier out and ready...tons of rain and a tornado warning barely a town away. Roads are flooded...rain is falling so hard you can't even see outside. Plus we have the added luxury of dentist appointments for both of us...and I am sure it's x-rays and other horrors.

Sigh...again...not my week!

Buona Lettura!

4 comments:

  1. That is crazy! I can't believe they just whacked at your tree without asking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, you are right to want to stick around...and I know that I said you could go do your thing if they were just working outside...but my bad!

    I know that I don't like to leave with workers around either. I have never had them cut down a tree, but they often break things and make a mess. So sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel so bad about your tree. When the tornado took out our old pine three years ago, we were devastated. The wind sheared the top half off! We planted a new one, but it isn't the same. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete