Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Fireworks...Distractions...And More Rain?

I hate to go into this weather thing one more time BUT it is raining...again! We have not done one outside thing all week other than dash in and out of a car...we can not remember a summer like this ever.



And in spite of thinking that all of our outside beds are dressed...the mad mulcher that I live with ordered 3 more yards of mulch that is sitting wet and steamy in the driveway.

Help!




Still reading this...I am realizing that when Den is home...I read less! I don't like this. He is distracting. I can read through TV, movies, and sports...but Den with earbuds off laughing at YouTube videos drives me to distraction!

This book is so wrought with dysfunction...I love every word! Hmmm...perhaps I need to get off my dysfunction loving kick and read something wildly dystopian?



The rest of my day involves a trip to Whole Foods and lunch out. July 4th was always a holiday my dad loved...picnics, fireworks, family...all in my parents' back yard...even when we were grown and gone...we all came home for the 4th of July at my parents' house. Much to my mom's dismay...my dad had a garage refrigerator filled with fireworks...at night our back yard was so full of smoke we couldn't find each other. Someone...mostly my brothers...would get hurt. Only small towns in the Midwest get away with this stuff...




Buona Lettura!

7 comments:

  1. We are drowning down here. They've started a house next door and they're out there today covering the site in plastic to keep it from becoming too big a mudhole. There is rain in the forecast every day this next week. I'm wondering if there will be any fireworks around here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're doing the fireworks thing tomorrow. One of friends bought a bunch and we'll set them off at our house. I hope no one gets hurt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Boy is going to a friend's house for a 4th Party and we are staying in and grilling. I want some tacos, seven layer dip and lots of chips.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband is the same way. He distracts me. He doesn't mean to, but he totally does. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bill & I have been married 32 years. He is gone weeks at a time, now. But yes, when he is home it is all about him and his schedule, chores, what he needs/wants to do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I'm happy I'm not married....lol! Actually, been there and done that, and now I'd rather read.

    I hope you have a great holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The month of June was a total wash out. It was such a drag. The bible speaks of unusual weather events...

    ReplyDelete