Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Wednesday Whatevers...

Made this last night...it's called Danish Apple Pie. The recipe was on the opening pages of The Apple Orchard by Susan Wiggs.



It's simple and has the texture of a custardy creamy apple something or other. I think the secret is the diced sautéed apples. I have googled other recipes but none are as simple as the one in the book. The "Den Man"


was crazed with it. We had it slightly warm and with Haagen Dazs Vanilla Gelato on the top...yum! It is seriously good. Hollah if you want the recipe!




Reading this...New York, dysfunctional siblings, funny clever writing...kind of loving it. I didn't read her first book but I will...Girls In White Dresses.




A few yummy books that have come my way...the minute this one said "boarding school" I was in!






Did you know that he is Ann Rice's son? Love this cover.






And from his mom...love this cover, too!



In yesterday's mail...more cover love! I have not read this author in a while so I am looking forward to this one.




Books...what is it about them that's so wondrous and exciting?



Buona Lettura!

8 comments:

  1. "...custardy creamy apple something or other." Oh my goodness, that sounds so good!
    These covers all look lovely. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy boarding school settings as well.

    I am so sleepy right now. More coffee. That's what I need.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo I can't wait to hear more about this Anne Rice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That dessert looks delicious and I just love things that are custardy.

    Enjoy the new books!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, I want the Luanne Rice book! And I LOVE the cover on The Heaven's Rise. I enjoyed The Smart One (and Girls in White Dresses).

    Have a great day....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, boarding school! What is it about them that is so alluring in books?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have got to read The Lemon Orchard and The Smart One! I love your editors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. All the Rice covers look fabulous!
    ~Stephanie

    ReplyDelete