Monday, June 24, 2013

Just Hangin'...

Roxie Blue and I spent a good part of this hot humid steamy Monday out on the deck...reading this little gem...nothing earth shaking...no message...just some good summer reading...mostly takes place in South Carolina, a sweet edgy romance...I loved it. Roxie Blue was in her tent duck watching while I read...Lucy Grace chose
not to join us...she preferred the cool house. Lucy has always been a wise little kitty.



Now we are reading this...yummy from the start!


Den is working from home today...to supervise the mulchers...so this is a not normal day...for me...when he calls it a day we will watch Mad Men and Falling Skies...and then have dinner and wait patiently to watch the disaster that is The Bachelorette...I love dysfunction on TV, too!

Dinner tonight is sort of a revised one from my childhood...my mom used to make something that we called "Big Fat Hamburgers" for dinner...we loved this dinner. It was really kind of soft meatloaf like hamburgers that my mom cooked in a monster pan on top of the stove. There was gravy in the pan and we always had mashed potatoes with them and Del Monte Blue Lake Green Beans...which are still my fave green beans...ever.

We are having big fat turkey burgers sautéed on top of the stove with fat free turkey gravy in a jar...fresh green beans and baby Yukon Gold potatoes...smashed. Still yummy...I hope!

Photos from the web...ours aren't made yet!



Plus I a made banana bread! Mine is still in the oven!



Time for Mad Men! More dysfunction!



Buona Lettura!

6 comments:

  1. Did you know And Then I Found You was based on an event in Henry's life? Not the romance part, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Looking for Me, and Beth Hoffman.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like those Blue Lake green beans too. They're big and fat and tasty with a little salt...though I try to cool it with the salt these days...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been noticing And Then I Found You...did you get it from Vine?

    You are in for a treat with Looking for Me, but you already know that....enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the cover of And Then I Found You. Dinner sounds so good!
    ~Stephanie

    ReplyDelete