Friday, May 3, 2013

I Want My House In Order!




There is so much to do this time of year! Outside clean up and painting and planting and decking and just putting things in order...I am not sure why we added a kitchen update...but we did...

I can't tell you what a joy it was to eat a baked potato...last night's dinner...in a real bowl with a real fork...after three long weeks it was as though I saw my stuff for the first time...with new eyes...I love my plates and spoons and bowls...I missed them!

Den has literally been away for two weeks...I don't know if this made life easier or worse...

Tomorrow we need to get more knobs, pick out the tumbled marble for the wall and get chalk paint for the island.

Then stay home and make dinner at home...not sure when I want to go out to dinner again...lol...

This is tomorrow night's dinner...this is a Lamb Bolognese from Serious Eats. The actual recipe is on a site called Family Table.



Sunday has to be something Mexican for Cinco de Mayo...this is from Serious Eats, too.



I am sorry that I am not linking...I don't know how to do that on my iPad!

Reading this...I know...not on my list for this week but... I could not resist it.
It's a magical quest...and it's lovely...whenever I have to deal with reality...aka kitchen...I need a fantastic quest...and this is it...

Jack finds a rock...but of course you have to know it's not an ordinary rock...my favorite part so far is when his parents are tricked by the "bad guys" of course...into telling him he is not their real son...and there is Madame Puffin who has to speak in rhyme and so much more! I may even have a giveaway for this gem...middle grade readers should love this one!




Have a lovely Friday!


8 comments:

  1. So you can use your kitchen now? Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loooove bolognese. YUM! Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would like a magic rock. May be that's why I collect them, the way I do. I'm really looking for the magic ones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are getting there. Patience will pay off.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know when your kitchen is all set you will be SO happy and cooking will be such a treat. It looks like you have some great meals lined up.

    A magic rock would be such fun!
    ~Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for your kitchen! Your dinner looks wonderful....enjoy!

    ReplyDelete