Tuesday, April 23, 2013

It's Just A Bit Chilly Here!

I continue to try to ignore it by wearing shorts or short sleeves...but after five minutes I had to turn on the heat again and change. It is freezing here! I just checked the Weather Channel and it is 47 degrees!

Yikes!

Seriously!

I want to put on a pot of soup...but I can't even do that!

I am craving Chicken Tortilla Soup!



Chicken Noodle Soup!



Tomato soup!


Sigh!

Finished this...really lovely. An amazing saga about a family who lives and breathes Palisades Park. The featured family is the Stopka's...who start off with a French Fry concession...a cup of salted fries with malt vinegar sells for ten cents! It was truly wonderful! It was filled with park history and world history. I loved this book.



Now reading this...another bit of fantasy on a cold dreary day! Plus time travel, a quest and love!

Yum!


Stay warm out there!

6 comments:

  1. Do you have an outdoor grill that has a burner attached? We've used ours before when we can't access the stove, for whatever reason.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love soup. Now I'm craving some.

    We have a cold snap coming tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should have come to stay with me during the renovation. I would have taken you to author lunches and you could have helped me shop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm...now we think of it...but I travel with a pack...or set...of Tonks!

      Delete
  4. It's plenty warm here, Patty...it was in the nineties yesterday, and I think it was close today. Used the air conditioning....but then the power went out last night for two hours! Yikes! I hate when that happens.

    That chicken tortilla soup looks like what they have at Chili's. Do you have a Chili's there?

    ReplyDelete
  5. All of those soups look delicious. It was cold here on Tuesday, too. But- today (Friday) was beautiful- which worked out because it was our day to celebrate Earth Day as a whole school. :)

    Hope your weather is getting nicer!
    ~Stephanie

    ReplyDelete