Wednesday, March 20, 2013

I Am Talking Beans!

Our tacos last night were so good! The beans and greens made them delicious!

Tonight we are having this...from another fave food blog called Make It Naked! My brother John is back in the UK and bought a dish similar to this at a local Farmer's Market. He actually bought a huge container and ate it all. It reminded me of something my mom used to make which is basically giant lima beans in sauce. We had a fun brother/sister discussion about lima beans in the US and butter beans in the UK...but Google says they are pretty much the same thing.






I love Red Moon but I got some great books yesterday and couldn't resist this one...so I put Red Moon aside and I am reading this...it's really yummy...a girl disappears and we learn about it by reading about the private lives of the people in her neighborhood. Yum!



Well...Happy First Day Of Spring...but it's cold here today!

I feel as though I want a springy cupcake...coconut or something like that...not sure why and we are not eating anything sweet until Easter so...no cupcake for me!

14 comments:

  1. That looks healthy. Let me know how it goes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the large, butter beans but my family does not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cooked these from dried ones...they turned out creamy and tender.

      Delete
  3. We don't eat many bean dishes at our house, but that looks really good, maybe I should give it a try.

    I wish it felt like spring, but it's cold here too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. More good food and books. I read her last book. I will have to check this one out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's my life...books, cooking and clothes...and Lucy and Roxie Blue! Maybe Dennis...lol...

      Delete
  5. Oh, you do tantalize us with your food! lol

    When She Was Gone looks very tempting, too....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love lima beans, especially the gigantic ones that are so Italian!...especially smothered in tomato sauce. It's very in...chic...and popular in Northern or Southern Italian restaurants. Glad you had a nice time with your brother, Patty. Nice to visit with family, especially when they move so far!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow. Those beans are huge. I've never seen any so big. I do love beans...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I should skip the sweets from now until Easter, too!

    The lima bean dish looks good. I haven't had lima beans in a while. :)
    ~Stephanie

    ReplyDelete