Thursday, December 6, 2012

Where Did My Ho Ho Ho Go?

Ok...let's see...in spite of declaring on Monday that it was the opening of my official holiday season...I have not done one thing...oh...yeah...except...read, get a pedicure, made a hair appointment , made my detailed Christmas list including websites, sizes, colors and alternate colors for Santa and sort of cleaned. Ho!

Den has been away and all of the Christmas bins are in the crawl space in the basement. You have to use a small ladder to crawl into the crawl space, then turn on the light, then pray there are no spiders and then try to drag each bin down...they are heavy, fragile, and it is a two man/one cat operation. One girl / one cat doesn't work...at all...I tried it...

And...here's the thing...we swear every time we go down there that we had no clue our house was ever supposed to have a crawl space! We didn't even know what it was...it looks like an open window in our real basement. When we finally looked in it...we were in shock! A huge empty short ceiling space...totally freaked us out...we actually wanted them to fix it...hah!

So...until the week end...or until I conquer my fear of being alone in the crawl space...or until Lucy can hold a ladder...this is the most decorating I have done... Lucy did help with this one...graciously but not merrily!




Happy Thursday!

15 comments:

  1. I've done a few cards and bought gifts, but that's about it. Carl's working 2 jobs so it's all on me this year. I hope to get the tree out this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't go in there either. Sounds like a smart idea to postpone a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucy's hat is cute. But she knows that.

    We have our stuff in a crawl space too! It was added after the fact by the previous owner. There is a light and a ladder and room for me to stretch out. I thought of making it a reading retreat but was then reminded of the hot summers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehe!! Lucy looks adorable :) Don't fret - you'll get there eventually - everything that needs to get done always does in the end. We had a low ceiling'd crawl space in one of our homes - thankfully it was just off our laundry room in the basement - so no ladder required. It was amazing how much stuff it held - and how messy it got!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lucy's looking kind of sexy---a first! Ha ha ha...

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG- Lucy looks too cute! So festive! I think it is better to wait to get into the crawl space. No need to get extra stressed during the holiday season. You are just working on some other aspects of the season. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. In my former house, the two upstairs bedrooms had little attic rooms leading off both sides of the bedroom, and those were barely bigger than crawlspaces...and they were creepy. When I was getting ready to move, I had my son clean those spaces out...I was very wary of them.

    So I don't blame you for not wanting to go in there. Is the expression on Lucy's face in the above photo her reaction to the idea of going into the crawl space? lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Too cute. We can't get our dog to wear his hat. A bell around his neck he loves, a hat not so much.

    ReplyDelete