Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Rain...Almost Snow? Not Really...






It is a dreary rainy drizzly wet day...we do not want to leave the house... and so we won't...
I am still reading Starboard Sea...and it is really just so good.
A bit of a mystery, a lot of old money, sailing, bullies, a different era.
Boys...girls...boarding school...Maine.
Tons of dysfunction... I have been reading it slowly...with far too many interruptions.
It's delicious. 
Even a bit of homophobia...I guess at boarding school boys might like boys?




We wanted to catch up on movies and we have but our choices have been weird and all over the place...
Cowboys VS Aliens...
Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes...
Now we are deciding if we are in the mood for The Help or Pirates...
but we are watching Ellen instead.
I think Dennis is hooked on Kathy Lee and Hoda!!!
LOL...  
I am feeling guilty about not reading the way I always do.
I am a fast reader.
I tend to devour books.
I have read 163 books this year.
I have never in my life known the actual number of books I have read in any given year.
Thanks Goodreads.
I am not sure if this is a good or bad number.
I am not even sure why I kept track.
I kept besting myself.
I wanted to beat me.
I think I did.
I don't know what I will do if Goodreads doesn't do this again for 2012.
Just read aimlessly?
I don't think I can any more.

Please tell me that you had a lazy guilt free day today, too?

Random mumblings on a rainy day...
A kitty pickle?
Cucumber?
Lime slice?
Popsicle?
Why are my eyes different colors?
I spent an hour googling eye diseases until my husband told me it was the camera light!!!

10 comments:

  1. We actually braved the crowds and went shopping today. Our son said he wanted clothes for Christmas and I can't pick out clothes for him. It was raining this morning and it left us with cold weather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have to go shopping too but we continue to put it off...and off...and off...after the gluttony of Christmas...I don't even want anything else...

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! The Kitty Pickle...cute!

    I've been pretty lazy today, too. I did go out for the mail, which was disappointing. Bills!

    I've been tracking Books Read on a Works doc. and also on one of my pages at Curl up and Read. I like knowing that I can "beat" myself, too. Last year, I read 143 books...this year, so far: 172. I may actually finish two more. I'm lazy this week.

    Now that you mention it, I do notice the eye color...lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe it's just me, but the hoodie hood, has a kind of pirate shape going on...yeah...kittie, hoodie pirate...yep. That's it! LOL...

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know what?... I want the same hoodie for my son! It's so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol- I would have been googling eye diseases too! I get freaked out by stuff like that! I don't think you should worry about having a lazy day. We all need them sometimes! I think it is awesome that you kept track of the books you read this year and the number sounds pretty impressive! Yeah for you! I like to keep track of stuff like that too- and compete against myself. Not sure why I feel so darn good beating myself!

    ~Jess
    http://thesecretdmsfilesoffairdaymorrow.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. First time I actually saw a photo of you...and it's a partial photo of your face, Patty, with two different color eyes. Love your nails, and nice hair!...now show us the rest of your face...LOL That Lucy is so darn cute even in the green hoodie, her eyes look green!

    ReplyDelete