Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Vamps VS. Minotaurs?








In my ceaseless neverending quest to always know what books are soon going to be published I came across an interesting article while reading an email from Shelf Awareness .  The article is just a brief one about how minotaurs will soon be replacing vampires in YA books.  Hmmm...after locating a picture of a minotaur...I have to admit to being totally creeped out by this.  Imagining this creature versus Edward or any of the Twilight vamps or the Morganville vamps...not sure about the romance part of a minotaur series but...who knows?

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for telling me about this Patty... I really had no idea. Cant imagine that this would have a draw like you said..... they are not very cute and not sure how they would be cute - unless you morphed them. Maybe the YA guys would enjoy stories around this creature.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea I'm wondering if it's to draw in the guys like Sheila said, I don't see a love story coming out about minotaurs. Interesting article you shared and thanks for the heads up about the minotaurs (Why do I get a image of a car whenever I hear the word mentioned is beyond me).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Car image...totally...an SUV...and this was the most appealing minotaur I could find...love your webpage Heidi V...just entered every contest except the baby stroller...

    ReplyDelete