Friday, May 26, 2017

Flowers...An Oasis...And Sleepy Kitties...

Flowers...

We still have pots to fill and normally that is my job and I love doing it but not this year. So Den is potting everything and he gets to choose his flower faves...I only draw the line at reds and oranges...no reds...no oranges...probably ever. So we have just a few more pots to go and then we are tucking zinnias everywhere in all of the beds! That will happen tomorrow!

Planting scenes...

Those are itty bitty duck heads! They are waiting for us to leave so they can eat.

Den's beloved marigolds...

More planting...

Kindle Oasis...

Although I don't see a huge difference yet...I love my newest Kindle...it's more compact, holds a charge much longer and and has really cool page flippers!

Reading this...loved her first book!

Love these sleepy kitty faces...

Have a wonderful holiday weekend!

Hugs,

Patty

 

 

12 comments:

  1. Oasis, indeed. *sigh* Soak it up. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What do you have against red and orange? I think red is my favorite color, beside maroon and orange, of course.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love those colors but they don't ever seem to fit in with the colors in our other beds. So...we don't put in that many if any at all.

      Delete
  3. Great flowers, and I'm glad you enjoy the new Kindle.

    I like Laura Dave's books, so I want to read the new one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! More to plant and more to buy today. The book is really good! You will enjoy it!

      Delete
  4. Your garden looks lovely. Nice job, Den! I've had the Oasis since it was released - love the size. I've enjoyed a couple of Laura Dave's books. Hope this is a good one. Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mary! The more I use my new Oasis...the more I love it...this book started out nicely...so it's good so far!

      Delete
  5. Ooh, beautiful garden you have, lovely yard! How nice to be able to look out on it every day.

    And the Oasis seems like it's worth the extra money for some extra features. I have a Kindle Fire and Paperwhite, but I do almost all my reading on the Paperwhite and use the Fire as a tablet and watch tv shows. I know, silly of me, but the Paperwhite is more lightweight and you can read it in glare outside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The oasis is even thinner and more compact...I think I love it!

      Delete
  6. I'm laughing right now... we have similar ideas about reads and oranges in our flower beds!! Will look forward to hearing more about your kindle oasis. I've had a voyage for about a year and a half and love it. How are the page flippers different?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. I am beginning to think that the only difference is the battery life and the page flippers.

      Delete