Monday, April 27, 2015

I'm Back!

I really like my self imposed five days of blogging a week schedule. Plus...with Blogsy...I am learning how to format my blog all over again...everything is different...posting photos, editing, linking...linking is my big challenge this week. Lance...my new Blogsy buddy...has amazing videos that clearly explain everything...yet when I try them...nothing works! So...if linking doesn't work today...I am back to my Blogsy drawing board...sigh!

First off ...books!

Reading this...so good! A high school piano student...self taught and brilliant...is getting very close to her music teacher at school...perhaps too close? If this link works...I will be out of control! Seriously...

 
Also reading this...and I will have a giveaway for it! Soon! So excited!



 

Book Description...from Amazon...

June 9, 2015

Under a Dark Summer Sky is a stunning debut novel, at once a love story set in a time of great turmoil and a vivid depiction of a major natural disaster.

Florida, 1935. In Heron Key, relationships are as tangled as the swamp's mangrove roots. It's been eighteen long years since Henry went away to war. Still, Missy has waited, cleaning the Kincaids' house and counting the stars. Now he's back, but she barely recognizes the desperate, destitute veteran he's become — unsure of his future, ashamed of his past. When a white woman is found beaten nearly to death after the Fourth of July barbecue, suspicion falls on him immediately. As tensions rise in the small community, the barometer starts to plummet — a massive hurricane is on its way.

Based on real historical events,Under a Dark Summer Sky evokes what happens when people, sweating under the weight of their pasts, are tested to the absolute limits of their endurance.

That's it for my Monday! We are supposed to have amazing weather this week! Sunny...warm...pleasant! I can't wait...

Fingers crossed that my links actually work?

 

 

 

 

 

8 comments:

  1. It is nice to have a break every week. Your links work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is Blogsy an app? Is it available only for iPads? It's great that you have links...and yes, they work!

    Enjoy! I notice your photos are more balanced, too.

    Enjoy your new process....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you enjoyed your break. Your links work. Under a Dark Summer Sky sounds really cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I echo Laurel-Rain. What is Blogsy?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah! The link worked. Good for you. :)
    ~Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  6. This post looks great.

    What is Blogsy?

    Love the cover of Consent. Very clever.

    ENJOY your day.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blogsy is an app if you use your iPad to blog...so far I love it!
      Consent was really good!

      Delete