Sunday, August 25, 2013

It's A Windows Open Kind Of Sunday!

I made this for breakfast! I bet you can't even tell what it is! It's one of those pancakes called a Dutch Baby! You bake it in a cast iron pan in the oven and it gets peaks and valleys and yummy brown spots. I sautéed a fresh apple in a bit of brown sugar and the purest vanilla and butter...of course...and you slide that onto the Dutch Baby as soon as it comes out of the oven...we added just a little bit of yummy maple syrup and it was all so good! I know my plates don't match these placemats but these are our Cowboy Dishes...Den loves these on Sunday mornings!





Reading and loving this...I don't know why I was never quite in the mood for it...before...the movie sort of got panned but think I still want to see it...I just have to do a good sell job on Den and explain repeatedly that it is not like Twilight!


Happy Reading!

8 comments:

  1. oooooooooooo I'm salivating just thinking about them. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, that looks good! What a nice Sunday. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually love those plates! The colors go nicely with the placemats...it's the kind of thing I like to do.

    The Dutch Baby is making me hungry....and I'm not really hungry. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. If only it was Twilight...I'm such a fangirl...

    ReplyDelete
  5. The butter...it's the butter...plates look cute, though...

    ReplyDelete
  6. We had the the same thing for dinner on Sunday - well ours just had syrup, not the yummy apples. I always think they're a little magic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try them with apples...I could not believe how good they were!

      Delete