Saturday, May 18, 2013

Time For Tile!

In spite of my angst about getting the kitchen done...it still isn't...it still looks like this...
I am in a state of...hmmm...inactivity? I am thinking about where to place things way too much...we did buy drawer inserts...today we are finally choosing tile...I am rethinking my industrial shelves, too...I am putting baskets there and organizing my pantry better...so...I think and think and think and then actually change something...and in spite of buying a second round of knobs...we still miscounted and need one more!

It's awkward to walk around to the side of the island that you see to put flatware away...so I am rethinking that, too...and Den wants to take all of my stuff down from the top of the cabinets to dust and wash...hmmm...that's a novel thought...



Normally we would be prepping for a jaunt to Maine and all of the places we love...but...I don't feel comfortable leaving Roxie Blue and Lucy Grace home alone with just a catsitter yet...and traveling with two kitties is unimaginable. The plan is we get to go and they stay home and they are not lonely because they have each other. So far that's not working...

This is the new big heated kitty bed...meant for both girls to share and snuggle and cuddle! Lucy has claimed it...Roxie sits on that pillow and watches Lucy!




That is a Roxie sized space!


I tried putting her in it with Lucy...but we had disastrous results! So sad!


Still reading this...really lovely...lake houses, old friendships, old loves, new loves...perfect for this time of year!


This is my next book...



Hopefully you are all having a wonderful Saturday!

3 comments:

  1. It looks really really great thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for you! The kitchen is really looking good!
    I suggest a second heated bed, Mom. Each needs her own safe space.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do have a lot to consider...but in the meantime, it looks gorgeous so far!

    Too bad about the kitties...two steps forward, three steps back. Just like with siblings.

    I'm reading a book about Maine (Somewhere Off the Coast of Maine, by Ann Hood); almost finished. It's delicious!

    ReplyDelete