Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Totally Tacos!

So...ever since Taco Sunday which should have been Taco Tuesday I have been really still hungry for Mexican foods. These popped up on my Feedly Feed and I want them all...

This recipe is from Oh Sweet Basil...it's a steak burrito bowl.

 
This one is from Chelsea's Messy Apron.
And this one is from Gimme Some Oven.

Why is Mexican food so yummy?

Den is going out for lunch with his boys today to our fave Mexican restaurant...sigh! Have fun, Den! I will be fine in my self imposed exile...I get to go out next week to three doctor appointments...and one blood test...that will be my outing. I know...I know...it's my own fault but my hair is not long enough yet...but it is really growing!

Books...

I have settled into these...

This one is turning out to be sooooo good!

Time for tea and books before working out.

Hugs,

Patty

 

14 comments:

  1. You'll be out and about before you know it! I want that avocado-corn salsa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want the taco chicken with avocado corn salsa! Glad you're enjoying Seven Days of Us. I'll be reading it this fall. Yay for growing hair!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seven Days of Us looks tempting....I'm not sure about The Hawkweed Prophecy.

    I am sure about Mexican food, though, and I always think that it's one of the benefits of living in California...lots of Mexican food and celebrations.

    Enjoy your week! Your hair will be in a cute pixie style soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG...I never even thought about a pixie...in my mind I was ready to wake up with a pony tail!

      Delete
  4. My mom makes an avocado corn salsa and we all love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMGosh those deconstructed tacos look so good. It reminds me I need to make a Costco run as we need food. I love Whole Foods but stopping by a few times a week can be such a chore.
    I thought I'd give Danielle another go b/c it's been decades since I had last read her. Someone had read her and thought, hey, I'll try it out. A bummer but now I know.

    ReplyDelete
  6. One of our life group members treated us to a homemade taco dinner last night and it was sooooo good. She had beef in the crock pot that she shredded and seasoned and it was so delicious. In California, we have really good Mexican food so I have tacos or some form of them, at least three times a week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are also blessed with a Mexican/ American population many of whom are employed in tmushroom farms as well as other forms of agriculture. We are used to mom and pop Mexican food restaurants everywhere...we had homemade shredded pork tamales for lunch...so good. Our fave new takeaway is called a Mexican plate...shredded chicken or pork, beans, rice and handmade warm tortillas!

      Delete