Monday, April 11, 2016

It's Monday!

So...over the weekend I finished this big ole' chunkster of a book!

It was so good.

Editors, writers, journals, secrets...plus it involved way too much drinking and smoking...kind of like Mad Men! Way too many men ordering their secretaries around. Way too many young women doing way too much for too little money. These women did their secretarial jobs by day and then read manuscripts on their own time! Kind of like blogging? Heeheehee!

Loved this book!

Now...new books!!! I am linked up with The Book Date. I never really did this regularly before but it's kind of fun to visit a few new blogs during the week!

This is a yummy mix of books for me...but...I could not bear to not grab the new Emily Giffin right away! My books this week are a mix of YA, mystery and Emily Giffin! I love her books!

 

Happy People Read And Drink Coffee by Agnes Martin-Lugand

Drag Teen by Jeffery Self

This Is The Part Where You Laugh by Peter Brown Hoffmeister

Suffer Love by Ashley Herring Blake

Girls On Fire by Robin Wasserman

First Comes Love by Emily Giffin

Off to read this and watch Shadowhunters!

Hugs,

From

Patty

 

 

19 comments:

  1. Hope you enjoy your Emily Griffin book, I read one of hers but didn't gel with it, I should try another of hers because I know she is popular.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have not loved all of them but I love this one...so far!

      Delete
  2. What cute space you have. I have been hit or miss with Emily Griffin; I don't read her anymore. I keep forgetting to check out Shadow Hunters. After finishing the first, original series, I need a break from that. Now it's sequel series beckons to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why....thank you! I think you have to be in the mood for an Emily Giffin book...

      Delete
  3. Girls on Fire is on my TBR list. It is fun to have a stack to read!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That first one sounds good. I loved Mad Men!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard good things about "Three Martini Lunch"--I'm definitely going to have to add it to my list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I added Three-Martini Lunch to my list after reading your goodreads review... sounds so good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Three Martini Lunch?...that's some title! Sounds like someone is cheating! BTW I love your new counter tops and that great big island space...love the dark color, so pretty!



    ReplyDelete
  8. Three Martini Lunch sounds like my kind of book. I SO loved Mad Men.

    I read another post in my feed reader about the kitties going to the vet but when I went to comment the post was gone. Not sure what happened. Hope Roxie fared well. The Otter Pup is the same size as her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roxie is good...she will get her rabies shot later...Lucy's blood work is slightly off but we kind of expected that.

      Delete
    2. I think you would love Three Martini Lunch...I am surprised that you didn't read City On Fire.

      Delete
  9. Love your book display and your kitchen...beautiful.

    Three Martini Lunch is a book I would love to read. I LOVED her first book, The Other Typist.

    ENJOY your reading week.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My It’s Monday! What Are You Reading?

    ReplyDelete