Friday, July 24, 2015

Books!

OMG...loved this book...one of my favorites this year. I laughed...I cried my eyes out...I thought it was wonderful! And...it's sort of about a bookish person! Alice...who loves books and gets to review books for her yummy part time job...her friend Susanna...who owns a book store. Lots of bookish references...lots of fun family stuff...lots of angst...lots of tears! Alice needs to get a "real" job when her husband loses his...she leaves her lovely small publisher to work for a huge concept ebook company. Alice struggles with her newly drinking husband, her friends, her new bosses, her kids, her ailing father...but the way this author writes about all of these issues was so addictive. I loved every word! I am sad that my time with this book has ended! Soooooo sad...readers who love

books and family drama...will love this book!

I have no clue what I am going to read next! I am still thinking about this one!
Our field trip here yesterday was awesome. We bought so many fruits and vegetables...all local. Look at this...yellow cucumbers! Home made pesto...the best cold brewed iced coffees...corn, peaches, nectarines, garlic, cantelopes...oh my...heirloom tomatoes...everything was beautiful!
The girls got into mischief yesterday...and Lucy did it! Roxie just enjoyed the mess!
It happened because Lucy did not want to share so she jumped over Roxie to the table and everything flew off of the table! Sigh!
Have an awesome week end!
I will be back on Monday!
Fondly,
Patty
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

8 comments:

  1. I've got that book and need to move it up my TBR!

    I tried my hand at coloring last night and I'm not too good at it. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! I thought that you would be an excellent colorer...bump that book up!

      Delete
  2. A Window Opens sounds fantastic!
    I want to go to our Farmer's Market after hearing about your haul. Yum!
    Girls will be girls :) Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The girls are typical cats, all right. ☺
    The yellow cucumbers look like pickling cucumbers. Bill used to grow them. Not only is he an excellent gardener, he is a gourmet pickler and chef. Seriously. It is his Hungarian roots.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to read A Window Opens....love that expression, too: "one door closes, a window opens."

    Enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute kitties! Yellow cucumbers? Amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete