Sunday, January 20, 2013

Ice Cream For Dinner!

That's our plan...I just made that buffalo chicken dip that everyone in the world has made except for me. Of course Den loved it...me...not so much...it's full of chicken and cheeses and Frank's Hot Sauce...you can eat celery stalks with it or tortilla chips. But it is very spicy burny hot! Yikes!


I have stuff simmering away in the slow cooker...actually beef chunks that cook in a red enchilada sauce...but I think we aren't hungry enough to have them until tomorrow. Thy are called Smothered Burritos and my recipe came from Blog Chef. Mine will look like this tomorrow...



But because of the burny chicken dip...we need ice cream...and pretzels to dip into it...I can hardly wait.






Back to my book...

Happy Sunday!

10 comments:

  1. Oh that ice cream sounds delicious. What a fabulous idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have decided to do this every Sunday. A yummy breakfast...a yummy snack sort of lunch and then ice cream for dinner...in bowls up in bed!

      Delete
  2. I'd take the dip over the ice cream! I'm not an ice cream person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum, yum, and yum! I want all of it! Maybe the ice cream could be put on hold- as it is freezing here today. Happy Sunday to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know...this is just me...but I like ice cream better in the winter...it does not melt!

      Delete
  4. I like the way you think...pumpkin pie for breakfast (a few weeks ago), and now ice cream for dinner. I've never had Baked Alaska ice cream...I'll have to check it out.

    I was planning on soup...but maybe I'll have ice cream, too!

    Your spicy things look yummy, though....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't like chicken in hot dips. I am weird that way.

    No big cooking plans today. We had bacon and eggs for breakfast, went out for some burgers for lunch and tonight is leftover pasta with a tangy sauce with sweet sausage. Although, I might toss a pizza in for the kids because they are not fans of pasta. Criminal, I know. What kid doesn't like spaghetti??

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not much for hot food in general. Ice cream, however, I love!

    ReplyDelete