Friday, December 14, 2012

A " Glimmer" Into Some Past Lives!






My " in a nutshell" summary...
Paige touches an object and sort of becomes that object's owner...learning and sharing and reacting as that person...for awhile.
My thoughts after reading this book...
Hmmm...Paige has the "glimmers". If she slips on boots, a ring, an article of clothing...she sort of becomes the person that the object originally belonged to. She experiences their lives. In this book she buys a pair of vintage boots and becomes Delilah...17 year old madly in love with William...Delilah. After this experience she is Paige again...doing a favor for her sister. She tries on her sister's engagement ring...and discovers her sister's secret. Yikes! Then...her mother brings her a family heirloom and she becomes Emma...her mother's great grandmother...I think. She discovers Emma's dilemma. All of these " glimmers" involve romantic issues.
Paige always comes back to herself and her glimmers don't seem to take very long but they are always insightful and the characters are connected. And for some reason after living Delilah's life she becomes an amazingly good cook!
What I loved about this book...
I truly enjoyed the glimmer episodes...especially Delilah's...her story was teen aged angst...lots of cooking...and I was left not knowing her outcome until much later in the book! I also loved the recipes at the end of the book. I actually enjoyed the writer's writing style. She was fun and I loved that!
What I did not love...
Romance...true romance...is not a genre I usually choose. I think because of the fantasy aspect I truly did enjoy my time with this book. I am not sure book two is in my future but I loved this one.
Final thoughts...
I found this book to be a fun romantic ( but not overly weirdly romantic ) reading experience. I enjoyed Paige's episodes...in fact...I enjoyed Paige. She was a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a back in time traveler! So...if you love or need a fun romantic romp...this might be a great book to choose!




Patty's life...
Still decorating...still wondering about our tree although it is perfect...and it's quirky...like me! It has one lovely branch that has sort of tied itself into a knot! I love that! There is something so lovely about a tree in the middle of a room!
See how tiny it is!








Happy Friday!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for hosting a stop on the tour! I'm glad you enjoyed the book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! It must be amazing to have a room big enough so the tree can take center stage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun book! I don't know the concept of the glimmer before, but it surely sounds like an exciting read :)

    ReplyDelete