Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Loved This Book!

For some reason...when my world is just a bit out of order...I crave Fantasy!

Den has been sick...he is on the mend now but he had flulike symptoms all week end...fever and chills and no appetite and lots of coughing...and the antibiotic he is on made him sleepy during the day and restless at night. Fun plans were cancelled and we really just stayed in. And did...nothing at all. I read and we caught up on TV.

So...this book was perfect! I know it's been around for a while and a third one is coming out soon...which I was given for review...and it was perfectly wonderful to get lost in this adventure while feeding my guy lots of chicken soup! I don't think you have to read all three in this order but it's just not possible for me to read things out of order...




The Native Star
By
M.K.Hobson

My" in a nutshell" summary...

Magic, mayhem, mystery! Maybe a bit of madness?

My thoughts after reading this book...

OMG...I lovelovelove Emily! Picture this...if you will...it's the Wild West...but witches and warlocks live among the ordinary people and ordinary people go to these magical people for help with life, love, fortunes. San Francisco is full of magic...oh...zombies are around, too...they are sort of conjured up to work in the mines...

Ok...I already mentioned that I loved Emily...I am equally fond of Dreadnought Stanton, too...the warlock...the sarcastic warlock...who is helping Emily with her "problem".

Anyway...Emily has...this rock embedded in her hand...and is sought after by tons of really bad types...who would cut off her hand to get to this rock called the native star. There is adventure and excitement and magic and lots and lots of very bad guys whose names cannot even remotely be pronounced...but it is ever so exciting. It's a marvelous steampunky story! There are aberrancy hunters and black exungers and Mantic Anastamosises...or Anastamosisi? And much much more! Just the fact that I know what a transmortational portational device is...hmmm...kind of amazing!

Plus it's a love story, too!

What I loved about this book...

I so loved the plot and the varied settings...Stanton and Emily...loved them...and I loved Stanton's two huge black horses!

What I did not love...

The huge monstrous confusing words that are necessary to a book like this...my meticulous mind labored with their pronunciations!

Final thoughts...

I found this to be an amazing adventurous fantasy...if you love this genre...you will love this book...and the two that follow it!

I will be reading this...


and this...


Happy Tuesday! Tonight is Sushi Night! Yum!

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great story, a good one to curl up with on a cool day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh YAY!!!! You just SO made my day! I absolutely ADORE these books so very very much so every review like this has me squealing! I'm off to spread the word of your fantastic review!
    Thanks so much for letting me know about your review, I may have missed it otherwise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had me at San Francisco! What a great read, especially when you're tending a sick hubby. Hope he's better soon.

    Enjoy the reads...and chicken soup sounds good even if you're not sick.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the post...nice review.

    Stopping by from Carole's November Books I Loved. I am in that list as #2.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    http://silversolara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope the next two in the series are just as good as this one! It sounds so fascinating. I can't wait to read more about Emily. I have added this one to my list. :)

    ReplyDelete