Friday, October 26, 2012

Help! Hurricane Heading Right To Our House!




OMG...

We own every toy known to man but we have never bought a generator!

Guess what? There are no generators left in the world! Except for one and it lives near my sister in Niles, Ohio!

And...guess what? We bought it and were prepared to drive 12 hours total to get it on Den's birthday!

Until I got the brilliant idea of a courier and frankly I don't even know how I know that word...but the courier was going to charge us $1,008.00 until I cried...no...not really but almost...anyway they are picking it up...putting it on a truck...and we have to be in Harrisburg tomorrow morning to pick it up or else...at 4 ish in the morning!

So hopefully we can flush toilets and our basement won't flood...once Den figures out what to do with everything...and that is a whole other story...we were at Home Depot and men were telling us a million things to do...get a cord as thick as my wrist and plug in into the dryer outlet...yikes...put a marine battery on our sump pump...and more!

We also bought a saw...the kind that buzzes!


There are fun things to buy at Home Depot if you truly look hard enough...I bought headlights to wear for all three of us but Lucy's will be more of a saddle light...I bought glow in the dark crack open light sticks and at least 500 batteries!





Whew!

Wish us well!

Say a silent prayer that our generator actually gets here!

And also say a baby prayer that Den will not actually have to use his giant saw!

Happy Friday!

Happy Birthday, Den!





13 comments:

  1. Good luck. Hopefully it won't be as awful as it sounds right now. At least you'll be prepared.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First off, Happy Birthday to Den!

    Second...

    Calm down. Take a deep breath. I feel the tension and you are going to burn out fast.

    Now that you have prepared some, you should feel better. Staying in and keeping everyone safe is the first priority. Please, please do not let Den play with the saw if he has never used one before. Downed limbs can wait a while.

    If you have to go the no power route, hopefully it won't be for too long. And what good does a thick cord make if the power is out?? You can't plug the generator in, it runs on gasoline. Do you have gas for it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll pray that the storm heads out to sea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thoughts and prayers for your safety! I live not far from Niles Ohio!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! I am wishing the best for all of you...is Lucy afraid of storms?

    Being prepared always helps...and if you are prepared, it will probably be okay. Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Will be thinking of you. I am in Pittsburgh and we will be getting some of it too.

    I hope it heads out to sea too, Kathy.

    I am worried about my son in New York more than us in Pittsburgh.

    TAKE CARE.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    http://silversolara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday, Den! I hope you got the generator without any problems. I love glowsticks. I also have a headlamp- such a handy gadget. Good luck and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're going to do great. Keep calm, breath, read, and keep the weather radio on for tornado warnings. Sending you hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. PS Happy birthday Den!
    Years ago I had a hurricane hit near my birthday too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How are things going? My son isn't giving me any details.

    He lives in New Jersey and works in NYC. He probably won't be at work tomorrow.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    http://silversolara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete