Wednesday, August 15, 2012

I Am Savoring Saveur This Week!

Last night's chicken was incredible...you simply marinated a cut up chicken in olive oil, garlic and fresh rosemary...a fresh squeeze of lemon and then just roast it...it was delicious.

Tonight I am making this...from the same Saveur site...it's a Southwestern Turkey Meatloaf...it's made with chilies and tomatoes and all sorts of other yummy flavors.
The topping is Ritz Crackers!
Oh my!





(Credit...Todd Coleman)

Finished this...really good...a cute son, a sort of mixed up dad and what can happen when you aren't really sure where your life should be directed.


Starting this...


I am feeling unenergetic and actually lazy today...I had to get up early for a garage door repairman and I feel sort of off of my schedule.

I want to grab someone and do something without a plan...a picnic, a surprise lunch date...anything that is random.

But no one is around...sigh!

Oh well...

Happy Thursday!

I guess I should pick a room and organize a closet or something...hmmm!


10 comments:

  1. Man, I wish I were closer - we could go to lunch and then shop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love meatloaf- and this looks so good to me. I am off my schedule, too! If only I lived closer we could do lunch. :) It is a perfect day to do something like that. Maybe go sit on the porch... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just finished Shine. Can't wait to hear your thoughts.

    I love meat loaf. I found a good gluten free breadcrumb mix that I use for mine and when I need a crusty topping, like your Ritz topping, I use crushed up rice crackers. Not quite as tasty or salty. I usually have to season it up a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You don't say! Sounds good. I love Ritz.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wish I had that private jet I've mentioned before...lol

    My day is off, too, as I had to do some cleaning. And last night's dreams left me feeling grumpy.

    The chicken and meatloaf both look yummy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fun to chat but we do need a private jet for these emergencies!

      Delete
  6. That chicken recipe sounds SO delicious. I'm gonna have to try it out. Yum!

    ReplyDelete