Sunday, March 4, 2012

Reading, Relaxing, Reality TV...

That's what Sundays are for us...late breakfasts, mid afternoon lunches, unplanned dinners that could be Cheerios or popcorn or Chinese.

Our Sundays are a far cry from the Sundays of our childhood...when dinner was at noon in the dining room and cousins, aunts and uncles came over for more food and fun later in the day.

When I was teaching I would be crazed cooking an amazing Sunday dinner and prepping for the rest of the week...now it is more fun doing what we do.

In addition to the fact that we are hopelessly addicted to the Amazing Race and Celebrity Apprentice...

hopelessly...

and we want jammies on, teeth brushed, and Lucy tired out by 8:00 pm
on the dot.

Tiring Lucy out is a lot of work.

Whew!




Hmmm...tired? Not tired? We really never know...

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

11 comments:

  1. You're the only person I know who tires their cat out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the sound of your Sundays! Mine used to be like the ones you described from your childhood: big dinner at midday with lots of people there.

    I like the more relaxed kind better...although sometimes, I think it would be fun to take a page out of the "childhood book."

    I am laughing at the idea of "tiring Lucy out." I suspect that she fights that....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lat night was like an Olympic event...three times down the hall and toy romping!!!

      Delete
  3. Your Sundays sound perfect :) Our lives are so different than they used to be now that both our children are grown. Now we have our puppy Emma, who gets us out of bed very early - weekend or not, lol!! Lucy is a doll ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL, you may know if she's tired out by how many times she attacks your feet;p My cat Wall could have used your trick. Every night the path to bed was fraught with repeated furry feet attacks. It was a hoot!

    I'm glad your Sundays are so much more relaxing now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Sunday sounds way better than mine! I am jealous! I spent 5 hours correcting writing pieces and another hour correcting science papers. I didn't even get to all of the papers in my pile. I did get to do a little reading and tv watching. I would just LOVE a Sunday with nothing to do, but what I want to do. :) Yeah for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I taught I would not grade anything on Sunday...it was too depressing!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe I should try that! I try to get everything done on Saturday, but it doesn't always work out. :0

      Delete
    2. lol- I just noticed that I must be signed on as Fairday somehow (computer is always getting confused after I have been on the blog). It is Stephanie commenting back about grading. :)

      ~Stephanie

      Delete