Thursday, August 18, 2011

This Book Sounds So Good...

Isn't that a chalkboard?
Doesn't that look like a classroom?
I love books that take place in around on or at schools!!!
I love haunted boarding school books...I love mean girls in boarding school books.   I love vampires going to school posing as normal kids books.
I love headmistresses and headmasters...and teachers in books. 
Love them all...
Snape
Mr. Terupt
Junie B. Jones long suffering kindergarten teacher
Miss Honey from Matilda
Miss Nelson from Miss Nelson Is Missing
Mrs. Jewels from Sideways Stories From Wayside School
Mr. Kotter
Miss Frizzle from The Magic Schoolbus
The Little House On The Prairie teacher
And now...
Bonnie Pinkwater from the book pictured above.
She is described as a math teacher on a mission.  I think this is a series.  Every review I have read raves about this book.  This book is about a missing student and seems to have a bit of everything in it...strong characters, lots of suspense and tons of mystery.
I should put it on my Goodreads or Amazon wishlists.
Or I could just buy it.
What would you do if you were me?

2 comments:

  1. I'd wait until I read 20 more books on my TBR stack before buying it. So, what say you, old wise and former teacher...?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an interesting book...if you're a schoolteacher! I just started to read "The Help" given to me by Lora, have not seen the movie yet!

    Thanks for your concern, Patty...as you can see I can at least move my hand and figers to type, can't lift my arm yet!

    ReplyDelete