Sunday, April 3, 2011

My Computer Had A Few Hiccups...

My beautiful dependable loveable laptop has had some major issues from last Thursday until just now!!!  I could see the amount of email I had,  I could hear it racing in but I could not read it.  It refused to show up in my mailbox.  I could read Spam, and old mail and deleted mail and any mail but new current real email!!!   And I couldn't reply to anyone!!!  I was going bananas!!!

I love using AOL...and managed to get tech help and I had to compact my PFC...personal filing cabinet and then back it up and then delete it and then restore it...everything worked except for seeing new mail...so I spent a good part of today uninstalling and reinstalling AOL...and now I can see my email again...however my toolbar is not loaded with my faves any more and I can't remember some of the faves I want on it...oh well...I can deal with a few hiccups but I don't want to go through this again any time soon...

I had no clue how dependent I am on my laptop...but I am...and another maddening thing.  I couldn't see my email in AOL but I could see it and read it in Internet Explorer.  Different operating systems but still weird to me.

So far...we are all fixed!!!

Any hiccups in your life lately?

1 comment:

  1. I love my computer, except when it doesn't work right. How frustrating.

    ReplyDelete