Friday, August 18, 2017

The Week's End...

This week was kind of enlightening for me.

I realized that even though my hair is still very much sort of "not there"...I can walk around my house without a hat on. I actually brushed my hair the other day because it was sticking up in the back. That was such a cool feeling. On Wednesday we had errands that involved 4 stores. I went inside all of them. But...when we got home I was exhausted...I had to climb into bed and rest. And my greatest success...26 minutes of hard walking on my treadmill!

And...lovely Lucy Grace is holding her own! It's a day at a time but that's ok! She loves these soft soft baby blankets in her bed.

And the impish Roxie Blue...we call her our Tiny Dancer...is more relaxed and calm because "her Lucy" is ok. Did you know that cats grieve? They say Tonks like mine behave like perpetual 2 year olds. Look at that face.

Apples!

Aren't you hungry for a good crisp one right now? These are from a market near us called Wolf's Apple House. We are going to get these Early Crispins tomorrow.

Books...

Loved this one...absolutely loved it. It had bits and bobs of everything in it...Evelyn Hugo compromised herself a lot for stardom.

Reading and toying with reading one or two of these next...but who knows?

 

So...that was my week...we are prepared for more rain and heavy storms today so the four of us are staying in armed with books and hopefully electricity for TV and iPads.

This is dinner...I still love Molly Gilbert's Sheet Pan Suppers.

Have a great weekend! See you on Monday!

Hugs,

Patty

 

15 comments:

  1. Love the look of that yummy supper! And the apples....they make me think of Fall, which is my favorite season. We have a very short Fall here.

    I hope to start reading The Seven Husbands soon.

    Yay for being able to brush your hair...and you spent more time on your treadmill than I have lately!

    Enjoy your weekend! Lucy and Roxie are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're making such good progress with exercise and venturing out! Go you!! I'm glad Lucy is good and Roxie is happy about that. Hope you love whatever you choose to read next. Glad you loved the TJR book. I'll get to it someday. Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you are doing pretty good. I'm glad to hear that. I am so glad the weekend is here. Almost. I have about twenty more minutes of work and then a 1.5 hour volleyball team meeting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad Lucy is holding her own, how sweet that Roxie Blue was so concerned. Very impressive with the treadmill.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That post had an Autumn feel to it! Yea! You rock, my friend. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like you're doing so well! I know it must feel good to get out some. I'm so happy Lucy is holding her own.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I am doing well...I feel more and more like I used to.

      Delete
  7. Glad to hear you're feeling stronger and feeling more "normal": combing hair -- yay!! Ahh...Lucy Grace...Praise God for each and every day she's here...Love her.♡♡♡

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can imagine it felt great to comb your hair. :) Awesome job on the trad mill. Glad Lucy is so cozy and happy too. :)
    ~Stephanie

    ReplyDelete