Tuesday, August 1, 2017

The Lucy Saga...Day 2...

Literally when Den walked Lucy into the vet's arms yesterday...he was saying goodbye to her...he told me that on the way to the vet's office he was talking to Lucy about the "rainbow bridge". Roxie and I were at home just sitting together...I was crying...of course. Den did not want me with him for the appointment...my thoughts were that we would leave her there and go back later in the day to say goodbye.

But it was not to be...while Lucy isn't running races she is still eating and drinking and purring and cuddling and kissing us. So we are going to take one day at a time...no rainbow bridge yet. If you aren't familiar with this bridge it's where all beloved pets go when they die...they are happy and painfree and they wait for their beloved owners to join them...I bet that brought a tear to your eye!

She unpacked her bag for the rainbow bridge! And Roxie helped her. Of course I spent today looking at photos of her.

She loved our hotel in Camden because of the double sided fireplace. Any Marriott chair was her fave. Den is holding her while he watches baseball in our hotel in the Berkshires. I always loved her in her hoodies. Sometimes she just needed alone time on the deck...heeheehee!

Roxie was exhausted today just looking after Lucy!

So...we go on...

Oh...finished this...so good...really really a good book!

Hugs,

Patty

 

17 comments:

  1. It's so tough when a pet crosses that rainbow bridge and I'm glad it wasn't Lucy's time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, so sad about the rainbow bridge, but I like that image. The last pet we sent over the bridge was Heather's dog a few years ago. We sat with him (Floyd), but as we approached the animal shelter with him in the car, he suddenly perked up, which we hadn't seen in a while. (He had cancer, and couldn't even eat).

    After he went off to the bridge, Heather and I went to a pub and had some drinks to toast his journey. And cried.

    But it sounds like Lucy is hanging on. Love the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Put the pictures away. Get the camera out. Take lots of pictures for later. Hold her. Take pictures of Den with her. Enjoy every minute. Now. ❤

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is so hard to lose a beloved pet... I hope Lucy is doing better today. Did you stay at the Grand Harbor Inn in Camden? Just love that place :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! That's where we stayed always. They loved Lucy there. We loved that hotel!

      Delete
  5. Yes, not easy to let a beloved pet cross that bridge. I'm glad Lucy knew it wasn't time and hope she has many good days ahead with her family. Sending hugs to you and Den.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not sure I fully understand the severity of her condition. Did they find something?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ti...it's because she is 17...she has the beginnings of kidney failure and it affects everything.

      Delete
  7. Oh my goodness! I saw this post and almost passed out! I'm so glad it wasn't what I thought. Lucy's been a part of my world for so long, albeit the virtual one, I can't imagine anything else. Keeping you all in my prayers. Love ya!! ♡♡♡♡♡♡

    ReplyDelete