Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Peanut Butter Cookies And Life...

So...no one seems to make peanut butter cookies any more...none of the bakeries around us do and I need these to be so close to homemade that they appear homemade. I don't want to make them. Sigh! I hate cookie making. Look at these rough edges and the slightly misshapen form. The closest thing I found in my search yesterday was a peanut butter tart in a graham cracker crust with chocolate ganache and chopped peanuts mixed in but it won't be the same. I am giving my craving one more day and it will be gone! I hope!

Yesterday we tried something new with the kitties...we replaced two smallish beds with one big new bed...it has a yummy soft lining and an egg crate mattress. We just swapped it out and this was the result! However...within the next 10 minutes Roxie was somersaulting into Lucy and the peacefulness was ended. They don't seem to understand that they can spread out...when Roxie spreads out she uses the space to somersault into Lucy...Roxie is ever the annoying little sister. No matter what that bedroom chair is not mine any more. They have staked a claim.

I am still enjoying both of these books...

 

But I have barely started this one...

I have to share that I am scared today. Today is the official end to Chemo. I had my last one exactly three weeks ago. Since then I have had a cat scan and bloodwork and today I will talk to my oncologist. If everything is as it should be...there will be a longer time until I see him again. So...every pain or ache or anything weird will continue to freak me out. My job is to learn how to deal with all of this scary stuff.

I hope I can.

Hugs,

Patty

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

18 comments:

  1. Are you back from the doc yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, good news, though...but the scary feelings will persist, at least for a while, I'm told.

    Love peanut butter cookies, too, and now I'm craving them...LOL.

    It's hilarious that the kitties have taken over your chair...my one kitty that I had in the foothill house took ownership of my loveseat.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can. You have. You will. And we're here for you. 😘

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have so much faith in me. I wish I was as strong as you are!

      Delete
  4. I don't blame you for being scared but I know your doctor knows what he's doing!

    I love making cookies and wish I was close enough to make you some.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too! We bought these peanut squares after we saw the doctor so that should help...many of these cravings stem from chemo...it's weird!

      Delete
  5. I love peanut butter cookies! My mum makes good ones. I guess bakeries don't really want to make them b/c of all the nut allergies out there. I hope your consult goes well today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did it, Patty. And, you will continue to do it. Life has no guarantees, ever, for anyone. So, you make the most of each moment of every day...because you know how important that is. You will be cautious, but you won't freak out, because that takes time and energy away from the important things...like Den, the girls, love, and living. HUGS.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh gosh, I think it would be weird if you weren't scared. But it sounds like you have a fabulous MD and team who will answer any questions that arise going forward. Go Patty!!!
    Peanut butter cookies were a favorite of mine growing up. My mom would make them, crisscross with a fork on top and then sprinkle sugar on them - like they needed more sugar, ha. Now I make them at Christmas and put a chocolate star on top. The next generation loves them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I almost forgot about the crisscrosses! Yep...I will remain reasonably scared.

      Delete
  8. My husband will brave traffic and busy shopping times to pick up groceries at WF. I do eye their ready made food sometimes. I've only started going a little bit more because I love their aisle of tea and trust their brand which isn't always organic. However, I do go to TJ's more often but sometimes they're limited.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you satisfied the peanut butter cookie craving. Hope the appointment went well, too. Thee girls in their new bed are adorable :)

    ReplyDelete