Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Oh My!

We are still here at Big Chemo...I actually fell asleep in the midst of my Benedryl leg twitches. Den fell asleep because that's what he does. We wanted to take fruit and cheeses to the nurses today so he was up early fetching it. Now he is napping. I can't wait to go home, shower and fall into bed. I can barely keep my eyes open.

Seriously!

We are reading, watching TV and listening to music...waiting for all the meds to be infused. Again...I couldn't be more tired. Plus the oncologist wants me to have a treatment 7 and a treatment 8...I was hoping this wouldn't be the case but it is...if I do this it will help to insure that my body will be clear of all of the bad cells. So this is what I have to do. I did my share of crying and now I am ok with my new reality. As Den tells me daily...man up, Patty, it's time to man up.

Books...

reading this...it is sad and joyful and witty and funny. I absolutely love it.

Reading this...

it is mysterious and clever and a bit sinister and crafty. I love it! Do moms of sons ever really like their sons girlfriends? I don't think so!

 

Off to wait out these bags and then hopefully go home soon!

Hugs,

Patty

 

8 comments:

  1. I'm sorry today didn't go quite as you had expected. Poor Den in that uncomfortable chair. I wish Lazy Boy would make donations to chemo units. Hugs Patty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know...the chairs hurt Den all of the time! I have a comfier chair but even it isn't so comfy when you are hooked up to stuff!

      Delete
  2. Oh, I am proud of how brave you are, and how you are accepting your new reality.

    I love the look of The Girl Friend, and I must admit that I haven't liked all of my sons' girlfriends or their wives. Currently, I have two daughters-in-law, and I love them both! So I'm happy about that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you but I am probably not as brave as I should be. The Girlfriend is awesome...I love every word!

      Delete
  3. Den is a hero - I love that he's there for you, even if he naps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right...I love it, too! He would never allow me to be alone through any of this!

      Delete
  4. Patty, you are almost done. You will have every reason to fully celebrate very soon. Please focus on that, and on your wonderful husband and catkids. You rock. HUGS.

    ReplyDelete