Monday, October 31, 2016

So...

I am still in the midst of this book...it's unique and fun and I love Irene...the sexy Librarian. She is funny because it seems as though her blood is always getting "stirred up" by certain "males" in her world. Her assistant, Kai, is a Dragon but he can have a human form, her enemy is a Fae, and the man she works with is a Human. Irene is sort of human but being the kind of librarian she is...she can do lots of super human things...this book is about locating Kai...who has been abducted. I know this series does not appeal to everyone but I love it!

Some really interesting new books...

From Amazon...

"Boundary-pushing and provocative, this is a novel about the twisted secrets families keep - and the fierce and terrible love that both binds them together and rips them apart."

What could be better than another Lisa Jewell book?

 

That's it! Once I finish The Masked City I can dive into these!

Have a lovely Monday!

Hugs,

Patty

Oh...I am making "Garbage Bread" for dinner tonight. It looks like this photo...and it is supposed to taste like a White Castle Hamburger! We used to live in St. Louis and after a party we would never fail to stop at White Castle for those tasty addictive tiny little hamburgers! We lived on a mountain and White Castle was just before we started our drive up the hill! I am making these a bit healthier by using organic ground turkey and I am eliminating the bacon! But...some of the cheese has to be Velveeta...and I am using that...sigh! This recipe is from Cookies And Cups. And apparently there are hundreds of recipes for different kinds of Garbage Breads...breakfast ones, too!

 

15 comments:

  1. Not a fan of White Castle but the bread photo looks delish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe it won't really taste like a White Castle...are there White Castles in CA near you?

      Delete
  2. My husband is such a fan of White Castle sliders that I'm sure he'd love garbage bread :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you're enjoying the book. I've never heard of garbage bread but now I want some.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Garbage Bread looks good. I like The Invisible Library series but I'm not enamored of it so I'm not rushing to read book three.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have I Found You and Always....and love the look of The Roanoke Girls.

    I'm late today! Enjoy your reading and your food.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm always up for a sexy librarian story. I'm a vegetarian, but that garbage bread looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maggie...you can make it using scrambled eggs, cheese and potatoes, broccoli or spinach...ours was really yummy! Google Garbage Bread!

      Delete
  7. Several of those books look good. I've never hear of garbage bread, but my mom makes a sausage bread that looks a little like that... it's delicious!!

    ReplyDelete