Monday, June 13, 2016

Books...

I read a lot this weekend...it was hot and steamy and muggy and even sitting outside on the deck was not that much fun...plus...we really have not put much deck furniture out...the deck is scheduled to be power washed and stained but we aren't on the schedule until the end of the June. So...it's just one more thing that seems undone in our lives. I have been having some upset stomach issues...yes...seeing a gastroenterologist in a few days...I can't imagine how much fun that will be.

ICK!

 

Books...

So...I read a few books over the week end but none were that incredible....and then I finally got to this one...which I thought would be so summer beachy Nantucket amazing...and it just kind of fell flat. This was so sad for me! Too many characters, odd situations, unbelievable premises...again...just sad.

Sigh!

Ok...I am off to moan and groan...my sweet girls won't leave my side!

Hugs,

Patty

 

 

12 comments:

  1. Oh, good luck at the doctor's....and I'm sorry about The Island House. I had high hopes for that one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be curious about your thoughts but it had a ton of really mixed reviews.

      Delete
  2. I hope you feel better. I've been in the same situation, and after an endoscopy I had to go on prescription meds and a certain eating plan for a while then bounced back. I hope the same for you.

    I'm disappointed about Island House, but you know, I used to read Thayer way back in the day, "women's" fiction, before she wrote beachy and Christmas reads, and I remember enjoying them. Her last few were "meh" for me. I think her change in writing style is not for me and some other folks. Too bad.

    Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You were warm and steamy, while we've been freezing... seriously had several days where it never even hit 60! Even had to resort to my SmartWool socks. Sorry to hear about the GI issues :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry your stomach issues are serious enough to have to see a doc. Good luck. Hope it's not too bad. Love the photo of your furry baby laid out in that cute and comfy chair. Sorry the book was bunk. We rolled by the library today. I returned an unread book because I just wasn't in the mood.

    ReplyDelete