Friday, February 5, 2016

Lovely Big Flakes Of Snow...

It's beautiful outside...the old snow has melted and a fresh new snow has begun. It supposed to be "just a light dusting" which is perfect for today.

Den came home safe and sound...last night the kitties were alternately scolding him and snuggling with him. Lucy wanted "brushies" and Roxie wanted to be chased. It's what they use him for...heeheehee! Once they got their fill...they rested for a bit...gathering energy for Round 2!

I just now finished this book...it was really absorbing and yet so sad. Beth and her daughter Carmel live on their own...after Beth's divorce from Carmel's father. Carmel is 8...quirky and funny and exceptionally unique...she's cute and pretty and smart. She can be sort of spaced out at times so Beth always has this fear of losing her...in a crowd...at an event...whatever. So...at a Bookish Festival in their town...that exact nightmare occurs...Carmel's hand slips out of Beth's and Carmel is gone...she simply disappears. The uniqueness of this book is that it's told from Beth's view and Carmel's view. It's so good yet so heartbreakingly sad but...and the but is all I can allude to...lips are zipped. I kind of loved this book. I totally loved Carmel!
 
Reading this...I read The Kitchen House years ago...loved it...I made Den read it and he loved it, too. I have high expectations for this one and no opinion at all about it yet. I can be pretty powerful when I want someone/Den to read a book. I forced/suggested/encouraged Den to read Twain's End...he loved it. Now he is reading Flight Of Dreams and I expect him to read Glory, too. The only problem is that we can't discuss books because he doesn't read them fast enough and he won't let me tell him anything about them while he is reading. Phooey!
The Super Bowl is fast approaching! Roxie and Lucy and I are preparing for Den's antics! There will be pacing and cheering and yelling! Fist bumping? Fist pumping? The wearing of the lucky Bronco socks? Hearing someone yell "Omaha" 1,000 times but it always means something different. The beloved old school Bronco ski hat on my Maine Santa! He's been wearing it all week! The annual photo with Lucy and Roxie in their Bronco orange hoodies. The frantic departure of both kitties with Den's first scream/cheer/wail! I purposely do not have Super Bowl parties...our Super Bowls are best with just us. Den enters his special Bronco Zone and it's best to let him stay there...I feed him and provide soothing comments. Way to go Peyton! Ahhhh...so not fair...boo...that ref needs glasses...heeheehee!
Hmmm...what else...oh...there will be moans and groans and tears...and not from the players! There will be lots of..."Did you see that Hail Mary, zone blitz or shot gun?" I rarely actually look at the screen unless it's a commercial...I am reading...I just say "uhhuh" to everything. It works for me.
I am think of making these natchos!
They are called 50 Ingredient Natchos from Epicurious.
Not really...but this photo is freaking amaze balls!
The timing of our Super Bowl food imbibing is critical...so Den gets to choose what we eat and when we eat it.
Ok...I am off to read my book and think about dinner.
I will be checking in over the week end!
Hugs
From
Patty
 
 
 
 

 

 

8 comments:

  1. Well, I have a feeling Den is going to be disappointed on Sunday. Why does he yell Omaha? I'm glad the sun is out here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a husband who doesn't watch sports on TV. He has watched the Super Bowl for the last few years, however that's for the food not the game...lol. I love Den's enthusiasm..Go Denver!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Patty, I haven't enjoyed reading anything so much for a long time. Your description of Den watching the game will have me laughing still by game time Sunday! I showed it to my husband Ross and he thought it was great, you have a terrific gift for expounding on an ordinary activity. Thanks for the smiles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just finished FLIGHT OF DREAMS. Very well done. I liked how the author used the passengers as the gist of the book and didn't get too technical. I loved her first book, THE WIFE, THE MAID, AND THE MISTRESS.

    I would love to read Kathleen Grisham's new book. Her first book,THE KITCHEN HOUSE, was fantastic.

    Have a great weekend, and have fun watching the game.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The food is the best part of Super Bowl...lol

    I do love the look of The Girl in the Red Coat.

    ReplyDelete