Monday, February 1, 2016

Books...And Stuff...

When I read...which is most of the time...I love having a big old stack of books at hand...it doesn't matter to me if that stack is real or virtual...to me they are all books..yummy exciting mind blowing books! I think I read a lot because I can read anywhere...in the car, while TV is on...virtually anywhere. I think that's why I can fit in some adult coloring, too...pencils are always out on a table in the sunroom...and when I stop doing something...or I am waiting for pasta water to boil...I color something. Plus I am such a random colorer...I might color parts of 8 different pages using just fuschia. Eventually a page actually gets filled in! Sort of!

I just finished this...it was really really exceptional.

 

Now I am reading this...Tess...a childless woman...a failure at fertility treatments and adoptions...discovers that her husband is being unfaithful. While visiting friends in Vermont she sees a tiny little girl alone at the edge of a road...at night. The little girl is wearing a tutu and very distinctive Wellies. She seems lost, hurt, fragile and before Tess can do anything the little girl runs into the woods. Tess tries to get help but no one has reported a missing child. There are massive searches but...after a few days...no one believes Tess. What does Tess do now?
I am kind of on a schedule this week...I should read these...both are mysteries...
Then I have about 15 days to work on these...a Hindenburg fantasy...
A tense YA book...a family tragedy...
A sort of sequel to The Kitchen House...perhaps more of an ongoing story...
From Amazon...
"Zentner combines the melancholy of being 17 with the melancholy present in the best of Southern fiction and gives us a novel that will fill the infinite space that was left in your chest after you finished The Perks of Being a Wallflower." -- BookRiot


I do not read Nicholas Sparks books but I am totally pulled in by the trailer for this movie...there are even puppies in it! And lake houses! And steamy nights! I think I either need to grab a gal pal or just go by myself with a stack of tissues!
Den and I think we are getting boring. We did nothing interesting this weekend...we weren't even in the mood for lunch or dinner out. We watched The Avengers...Age Of Ultron...and so did Lucy! On top of a pile of warm towels!
Sigh! Have a great day!
Patty
 
 
 

 

13 comments:

  1. I really want to read Try Not to Breathe- looked it up on Goodreads and it totally sounds like my kind of book!

    Also... I have a love/hate relationship with Nicholas Spark. I loved The Notebook movie- although I did my best to resist it- but every other movie/story of his that I've come across usually ends with someone dying. I've avoided his books for that reason.. but this preview totally caught my eye too... so I totally googled it to make sure I could handle the plot. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree...what dragged me in was when she asks him why he is walking slowly...I don't want to read it but I do want to see it!

      Delete
  2. I love looking at the pics of your girls, and the stores you shop in, then I google them. You are not boring to us! It is February, you can shop again, yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have yet to finish a page in a coloring book but I'm hoping to have a coloring party this month. You are not boring!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you read Flight of Dreams soon... can't wait to hear what you think. The Wife, the Maid, and the Mistress was a favorite a few years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, Try Not to Breathe and Where I Lost Her both look so very tempting. I always feel sorry for characters when nobody believes them.

    Your den looks so cozy....not boring, but comfy. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They all look good, I really liked Seddon's book too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny how as much as we both read...we only end up with a few books in common?

      Delete
  7. Your books look good. Intense but good :)
    Lucy is one smart kitty. Watching tv laying on warm towels sounds great, haha.

    ReplyDelete