Tuesday, December 22, 2015

The Weather Outside Is Frightful...

It is raining and pouring so hard here but it's still hot! It's supposed to be in the high 70's on Christmas morning. The only cool weather thing today was that while we were driving in the rain you could fool yourself into thinking that it was about to snow...it was all misty and foggy!

Every store here is on overload! We drove to KOP to attack Nordstrom's for a few things...it was fun for a bit and then people were starting to get sort of crazed and whiny. I needed to pick up something for our mail lady and my niece and I wanted a new red MAC lipstick and we always go to Pottery Barn and buy ornaments on sale. But we really couldn't wait to get out of there. We wanted to stop at Trader Joe's on the way home but it was so crowded we could not get into the parking lot! So...then...we thought we'd grab a Panera's turkey sandwich...yet another bad idea! It was packed! So we tried a new noodle shop next door but the windows were so steamy from soup sippers and standing room only that we walked out and headed back to Panera's. The roads are a throbbing mess!

We are home now and exhausted! Showered...jammied...wiped out. Plus the one thing I needed at Trader Joe's...yep...that one thing...I forgot to buy! Well...maybe three things!

Just started this book...kind of good!

Dinner is going to be frozen starters from Trader Joe's...it's a festival of flavors! Yum!
Off to stare at the TV in a mindless manner...I don't want to think or read anything right now.
Patty

 

 

12 comments:

  1. Shopping anywhere right now is crazy. I've dragged out the girls before 10 this week to get a head start before the crowds just get groceries we need. Thank goodness I handknitted most of the gifts, used Amazon Prime, and hit the mall earlier this month before everyone started taking off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I did that, too, and going out today made me not want to go out at all!

      Delete
  2. So far, it has been mild here...except for the 15" of snow before Thanksgiving! That was gone before Thanksgiving. Tomorrow is supposed to be 60*, and we have had a lot of rain, too. I know we will pay somewhere down the line, though. Weather is God's way of reminding who is is charge...and it isn't us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's crazy around here too! It poured last night and just drizzled off and on today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have only ventured to the grocery store this week...I really hate crowds! I would love to hang out at Barnes & Noble, but I won't be able to find a table in the coffee shop. I do need to go over there tomorrow, though, to pick out the movies Noah wants. (His wish list was really specific).

    Enjoy the quiet night.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our Trader Joe's is so difficult to park because it's attached to a town center shopping district. Love the store but I cringe at the thought of going there. I think no matter how prepared I am for the holidays I always end up having to go out last minute to pick up one more thing. Fa la la :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stores are crazy here, too! Went in Target last Saturday (what was I thinking?) and it was a madhouse! Seems to be even worse this week. Thought I was done at Wegmans, but need to run out today for a few things... that will be an adventure.

    What a line-up of authors for The Forgotten Room. Will be curious to hear how it works.

    ReplyDelete