Monday, August 3, 2015

What A Weekend!

We drove about 3 hours yesterday to get to Bethel Woods to see Peter Cetera...original group Chicago...in concert. It was wonderful...his voice was amazing...he was accompanied by the Hudson Valley Philharmonic...the last time we were there we saw Keith Urban. The venue was brimming with people...wild crazy country loving fans. This venue holds 18,000 people...you can sit in covered seating or on the lawn. This crowd was older and much more well behaved than Keith Urban's fans. The worst thing people did was to sing along with him all of the time. We love concerts like this where the artist tells stories about the songs...and again...his voice was amazing! Bethel Woods is a beautiful area...sidewalks and flowers and beautiful green grass. Workers smile and chat and help with every need. The weather was lovely...cool and breezy!

Then...

Now...still cute and cool!
 
 
Exhausted today...seriously exhausted...hungry, too...the moment we got in Den hopped on his tractor...the girls and I played, I showered and we fell asleep!
Reading this...soooooo good! I will share more tomorrow!
Patty
 
 
 

 

 

11 comments:

  1. Glad you enjoyed the concert. I heard from several friends that he was amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer...it was ridiculously good...he was delightful...it was a beautiful night...his voice is still incredible...the symphony made it even better!

      Delete
    2. That's what my friend said, Patty, he sounds amazing just as wonderful as ever. Chicago is coming in September....I'm still deciding if I want to go. Have you ever visited the museum at Bethel Woods? I've taken family members there and they love it..they enjoy seeing the Woodstock monument as well. So glad you had a good visit to my neck of the woods.

      Delete
    3. Jennifer...yes we have...this is out third time there...we stayed at The Sullivan...and took a big bright yellow air conditioned bus into the concert...it was truly fun! We had breakfast the next morning at Brew...across from The Sullivan...your area is fascinating...we love that lake...it's beautiful...

      Delete
    4. Patty, that makes me smile. My county gets a bad rep. from so many, but I still love it even with all its faults. Hopefully next concert season you will enjoy it again.

      Delete
    5. Oh we will! Peter Cetera loved the venue...he wasn't at Woodstock...I think we may come in for the Craft Festival...lol...see you there?

      Delete
    6. We've gone to the Harvest Festival, but not for years...but hey you never know. 😃

      Delete
  2. Nice to know Cetera's voice is still in top form. That's not always the case! Bet it was a wonderful concert.
    Glad to hear you're enjoying "Coconut Cake" too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary...it was amazing...I think we are going to see him again in October...closer to home. I love coconut cake!

      Delete