Saturday, January 3, 2015

A Very Rainy Saturday...Den Says We Are On The Cusp Of...

The cusp...the edge...the pinnacle of an icy wintry mix? Who knows...it is wet and rainy...the kind of wet that makes you not feel warm...ever...

so...we are snuggled in with books, games...iPads, teas, coffees and hot chocolate...there has to be soup in this scenario somewhere, too.

In the midst of this and I love it...it's the 1905's...Vanessa is the painter...Virginia is the writer...they have two tall brothers...it's one of those fascinatingly captivating books that reminds me slightly of Downton Abbey...the dressing for dinner thing is going on here. It's the perfect rainy day book.



Off to play games and read...we just watched The Grand Budapest Hotel...it was interesting! Den seemed to enjoy it more than I did...

Happy Happy Saturday!

7 comments:

  1. We are getting freezing rain and snow, with more to come. Then more snow on Tuesday, followed by subzero temps! Ahh, Winter. Stay warm and safe there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness., it's supposed to be 60 here tomorrow...so far we are missing everything!

      Delete
  2. I was wondering about that movie....I just got back home after shopping with Fiona, and I got an iPhone; my first. Now Fiona is going to give me "lessons" on how to use it...LOL.

    Enjoy your soup!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Grand Budapest Hotel was very different but it made me laugh. :)

    We had an ice storm this morning. They actually closed my road because it is a huge hill, but doesn't have anything but local traffic so I was a bit surprised.

    I really want to read this book. It sounds exactly like books I enjoy.

    Have a wonderful rest of your weekend.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually liked the movie more than I anticipated! And I am really enjoying this book!

      Delete
  4. Vanessa and Her Sister sounds like my kind of book. I can't wait for Downton Abbey tonight!

    ReplyDelete