Friday, July 25, 2014

Whew!

What a day! By 8:30 AM this morning we were back at the vet's with Roxie Blue who had a really bad reaction to her rabies shot. I knew when I woke up this morning and saw her still sleeping that something was wrong. She was lethargic, cried when we touched her hot little tummy, and just didn't move. She had fluids at the vet's and benedryl and another shot of something else...and back home to rest. She seems to be a little better now but I am still cautiously watching her. I am about to put cold compresses on her head! My poor baby! And I brought her a little plate of turkey baby food which she gobbled up!















Reading this...when I am not worried about Roxie...it's really fun and really good...a little girl is dropped off at her grandmother's house after the death of her father. Her father has been estranged from his mother. This book sort of reminds me of a combination of Saving CeeCee Honeycutt and The Help. We have Liberty Bell, Vidrine, Fannie, Queenie and of course...Dollbaby...as key characters!



The rest of my day will be spent worrying and kitty watching!

Happy Friday!

5 comments:

  1. I hope Roxie is feeling better! I am sure you must be feeling stressed. :)

    Sounds like a great book. Reading the description it reminded me of Saving CeeCee Honeycutt. Glad you have something to take your mind off of Roxie Blue- at least a little bit.
    ~Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, poor Roxie Blue! Milou had a reaction to her shots one year so we had to divide them up every year after that. We never had a problem again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maggie still has reactions to her shots. She cannot ever have them together. I am glad Roxie is doing better. The baby food is great as it helps with fluids, too. All of you enjoy the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I hope the babies feel better soon!

    And now I must move Dollbaby up on the list...I loved CeeCee Honeycutt and The Help. And it is just resting comfortably on Sparky.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I should have read this post before asking you what Baby Doll is about in the next post! Ugh! #PostReadingFail

    ReplyDelete