Sunday, November 24, 2013

Sunday! Sunday! Sunday!

I have this thing about threes...arranging things in threes, buying things in threes, planting things in threes...and obviously titles...I was compelled to say Sunday three times...I also checked everywhere at least a hundred times and I do not need an apostrophe in any of my threes...lol...just in case you were wondering!


Of course it's a football Sunday...with the start of an awesome holiday week. We are making carnitas for dinner...the recipe is on Simply Recipes...and it is so simple! You simmer the pork roast in stock and salsa for about 4 or 5 hours. Then you shred it and sort of toast it in the oven. You then eat it on corn tortillas with chopped sweet onion and cilantro. You can add slices of avocado if you want. The best part is the iceberg lettuce salad on the side...it's lightly salted and sprinkled with vinegar...yum!



Reading this...it's so much fun and so cozy, too! I have this to review but I just checked and there are tons of these out there...same town, same knitters, new murders! What fun! Lol...



Off to watch a Doctor Who...Den wants to nap for an hour because the Broncos are on tonight!

Happy Reading!

9 comments:

  1. I love that Den needs to rest up for the big game!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds delicious!!!
    A good mystery sounds like a great way to spend the day too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't often see a cozy mystery book here, but that one looks very intriguing.

    And the food. Ah, yes, the food. Delicious looking!

    Interesting about threes...I don't know that I've thought about that number in that way. Now I will obsess about it...lol

    Tonight my favorite show to watch will be The Good Wife.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You always find the most delicious things to make for dinner. I want to eat at your house. :) Happy, Happy, Happy Sunday! :)
    ~Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love carnitas roasted in orange juice! It turns out sweet and crispy around the edges. I also like it with thinly sliced cabbage. Holds up better than lettuce.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those sound really good....ours were a tad dry after roasting...next time I might not roast?

      Delete