Sunday, October 27, 2013

Sunday...The Usual Routine!

Finishing this today...it's sort of girly but still good...I will read while Den hoots and hollers for the Eagles and the Broncos! Go teams!


Part of Den's birthday package is that I am making him a toasted/grilled cheese sandwich for lunch today using Velveeta cheese...at least I hope it's cheese. But it's the way our moms made us toasted cheese and it's the way my school cafeteria made toasted cheese so I am replicating it! It will be melty, crispy and nostalgic...lol...hopefully the chemicals won't hurt us that much!

Did you know that there is an actual recipe for a grilled cheese sandwich? This one is from The Kitchn and it says to slice the Velveeta very thin. I am beginning to think that almost everyone's mom or dad made grilled cheese sandwiches with Velveeta...lol!




Happy Reading!


9 comments:

  1. I hope Den's football day goes better than ours did.

    My mom made grilled cheese with cheddar cheese. As far as I know, she's never had Velveeta in her house. I hope Den enjoys his birthday lunch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Velveeta cheese ones were really good...I almost couldn't believe it!

      Delete
  2. Velveeta grilled cheese? YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMm

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you ever tried it on a burger? It's pretty glorious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think Velveeta was necessary in my mom's recipe, too, but I've never done it. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love a good grilled cheese! My husband makes the most delicious grilled cheese sandwiches. I am not sure what recipe he uses. :)

    Sounds like a great day!
    ~Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Patty, when my children were little...I used to make mac n' cheese with Velveeta...it was soooo creamy, gooey, and yummy. I used grated cheddar for the topping. (maybe I'll just go back to that recipe)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It worries me that it's so sort of rubbery...but our sandwiches were so good!

    ReplyDelete