Friday, April 12, 2013

Thoughts!

Trish...from Desktop Retreats...posted this today...isn't it perfect?

Open a book and start reading. Don't move until you've reached page fifty. Until you've buried your thoughts in print. Cover yourself with words. Wash yourself away. Dissolve.
~Carol Shields

I find that when one part of my life is in disarray I become sort of stuck...my mind says...I can't clean...I don't have a kitchen! Do laundry? I can't...I don't have a kitchen...see how my mind works? I am far too regimented!

The only thing that I can do is read...and that's what I have been doing...it's rainy and chilly here today so we can't go outside...it's an indoor broody kind of day!


The other thing...takeout is not as much fun as I thought it might be...I want a salad...crunchy veggies...my homemade dressing...and I wasn't insightful enough to prep that ahead of time!




8 comments:

  1. Take is only fun when it's a choice. I have trouble concentrating on a book when there are people working in my house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Workers are done...they won't be back until the 25th to install and the 26th to hook us back up again...I may have to go to dinner to celebrate!

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad this quote resonated with you. It certainly did with me. My mind also tends to get stuck in loops that aren't always healthy and I find that retreating to my books is the best way to cope. We've got a cold rainy day here too! Horrible and broody, indeed.

    All the best with your kitchen reno. Ours is due for one soon and I'm not looking forward to the chaos. Better make sure my bookshelves are fully stocked first.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You want a salad on a cold and broody day?

    When we did our kitchen remodel in the old house, we set-up a kitchen in the living room! But we were only without water for a few hours so at least we had the sink.

    You need some good Chinese take-out or a really good panini or something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww you poor gal! Hang in there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I'm distracted by chaos or the stuff of life, I do find it difficult to read...I keep rereading paragraphs! Luckily, this week has been an easy one in which to engage.

    I just read a book that I loved. Check out the special:
    A .99 BOOK

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the quote from Trish! So perfect!
    ~Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Books definitely seem to calm things down. Wonderful quote.

    ReplyDelete