Thursday, December 20, 2012

Seriously?

We have 6 month dental appointments today! It is just not right...because our dentist is far away and Den likes us to go together...we end up with checkups a few days before Christmas...and again at the Fourth Of July...so not right!

No cookies or a bite of anything sweet for days because I am always sure that he can tell...there are far too many dentists in my family...I have worn wire braces with rubber bands once, Invisalign braces once and I will wear a retainer nightly for forever plus my bottom front teeth are wired together...in the back...I know...TMI?

Sorry...

I have tooth issues from way back! I won't even tell you about my whitener addiction...mild but still there! Plus I am a constant brusher...I blame my mom for this one...I even brush on a plane!

Boy was this a difficult shot to take...but this is what wearing braces and a retainer and having your bottom teeth wired together will do! Lol...please do not laugh!





After the dentist we are spending the day decorating the tree...finally...and I am either making the Pioneer Woman's Short Ribs...



or...we are going to the Italian district to eat pasta and drive around to look at the lights...this is our favorite place...Mrs. Robino's!



Lights!



Happy Thursday...I have dental anxiety!

13 comments:

  1. Good luck with your appointment! Have some Christmas cookies afterward!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter goes to the dentist 3 days after our return from Maui, she's not impressed!

    My uncle was our dentist. The man was a sadist, my anxiety level is up there as well:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate the dentist too. Who doesn't! But your teeth are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too funny! I am also a tooth nut! I wore braces and I wear my retainers some nights each month (I should wear them more- but...). My teeth have shifted a little since I got my braces off in 8th grade, but overall they are mostly in the same place. I have been curious about the Invisalign braces. Hope the dentist went well! I go every June and December. :) Enjoy some sweets now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Appointment was good...whew! Invisalign braces were not bad! Better than wires...still painful...still in every other week
      But my teeth are straight again andi had a bad gap!

      Delete
  5. Going to the dentist is slightly less stressful for me than back surgery (which I've had), but not by much! Recently I had to have an extraction, but suffered considerable pain for days before I finally gave in and made an appointment.

    I still cringe at all the root canals over the years, especially during this one period where they were seemingly endless.

    I'm sure your appointment will be nice and routine! Hopefully.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to not mind the dentist, but at my last appointment the woman cleaning my teeth cracked a corner off one. They said it must have already been weak, but I totally blame her.

    ReplyDelete